Help required for a project - release a recent Vix Apollo image suitable for Lonrison

ketmp

Satellite Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a forum member who has a Lonrison solo2 clone running the latest v4 flash and who has a spare flash chip...

Due to the lack of recent images for Lonrison, I have an idea of using a very recent Sunray clone image (OpenVix Apollo build 115) I normally release but with drivers for Lonrison instead !!!!

These drivers are running fine on an Apollo build suitable for the current Kernel in use (ie kernel 3.13.5) but as I only have a Sunray clone I'm unable to test this image myself. In fact, I risk causing a clone bomb on my Sunray doing this image myself as I don't know how my Sunray will react to another clone's drivers.

What I'm looking/asking for:

1. Is a Lonrison clone user
2. Has the latest v4 flash
3. Has spare flash chip
4. Has the Means/knowledge to replace flash chip (if necessary)
5. Understands the risks with this

If test is successful then this image can be released for general use but if not, it's likely it will cause a clone bomb and a spare flash along with means/knowledge of replacing flash is required.

If anyone can answer yes to all my 5 requirements or has questions then please post.

Re: Help required for a project - release a recent Vix Apollo image suitable for Lonr

ketmp there,s patched images on the german site patched on a original box for clones and theres a digitalworldz member over there called dirkjan73 well respected who has openatv 4.3 &4.2 updateable open pli updateable aswell and blackhole 2.1.4 and there,s problems with drivers and new kernels been tested on the german forum best of luck with your project kind regards dubliner ps would have done a few backups but it,s not worth the hassle to many different boxes going around v3 v4 etc

Re: Help required for a project - release a recent Vix Apollo image suitable for Lonr

ketmp there,s patched images on the german site patched on a original box for clones and theres a digitalworldz member over there called dirkjan73 well respected who has openatv 4.3 &4.2 updateable open pli updateable aswell and blackhole 2.1.4 and there,s problems with drivers and new kernels been tested on the german forum best of luck with your project kind regards dubliner ps would have done a few backups but it,s not worth the hassle to many different boxes going around v3 v4 etc
I have a v2 would it be worth while doing the update to v4

Good evening casuk yea you can upgrade from v2 to v4 no need for v3 but you can do the v3 if you want aswell,then you can use v4 & v3 images from vu-hd without any problems or dirkjan73 images aswell and d2z images on the german forum and the open pli images have all the plugins you need already installed aswell or install the latest open pli from vu-hd stick tspanel on and you can download everything you need from the plugins ,regards dubliner

...there,s problems with drivers and new kernels been tested on the german forum....
I know that drivers are designed for specific kernel but I checked VU and only drivers dated 24/04/14 or earlier are designed for an older Kernel.

Could you PM us the website address of this german site?

Thanks

Hi, i have a solo 2 se by Lonrison flashed v4 update, i dont mind giving it ago

Thanks

VU+ Solo²

think thats the one he means. Hope its okay to post link

Good evening casuk yea you can upgrade from v2 to v4 no need for v3 but you can do the v3 if you want aswell,then you can use v4 & v3 images from vu-hd without any problems or dirkjan73 images aswell and d2z images on the german forum and the open pli images have all the plugins you need already installed aswell or install the latest open pli from vu-hd stick tspanel on and you can download everything you need from the plugins ,regards dubliner
Im happy with what i have but tsmedia and xbmc wont work anymore and another couple of niggles with new plugins, so if i do the v4 update will i still have the old drivers and if thats the case they newer plugins will be the same

Thank you.

Solo2 SE? I thought that could take original images anyhow?

i have done the v4 update and curently on apollo 029 downloaded from here and tsmedia 7.99 which works okay, sorry havent tried xbmc but though that was just a beta

I think ill do the update tomorrow then what is the most recent build for the v2

Thank you.

Solo2 SE? I thought that could take original images anyhow?

Hi, no it doesn't just stays blank after flashing new image, but can always flash older image from vu hd come , openvix-Apollo.029 , i see there is openVIX Apollo Build 090 V4. cant seem to download and try it,

im especially would like vix with xbmc when its released with it

Thanks

I have sent you a PM.

Thanks

This image works fine on a Solo2 SE but it still needs testing on a Lonrison Solo2 clone (with v4 flash).

I'm still looking for volunteers if anyone is willing?

What version/date of the drivers are in the image ?

What version/date of the drivers are in the image ?
I can't confirm this at the moment because I've just realised that the driver info field within the images maybe misleading and be the actual date the image was expecting (ie for Vix, the latest 09/01/15 driver date) rather than get the driver date info directly from the actual drivers themselves.

I'm looking into doing a little test...

Worst case is, latest images but without latest drivers and if that's the case then until such time as Lonrison either release new images with newer drivers patched or even just release newer patched drivers that work with their boxes then there isn't much else that can be done.

If someone does have latest (or later) patched drivers that work on Lonrison then I can use them in the latest images instead.

Last edited:

Yes the info page display info associated with the date in the actual driver package. The only way I've found to determine drivers is I normally download all the versions, extract them into individual sunfolders then zip up the top level folder. Then open the zip and then check the crc32 checksums to see if any match.

I'd love to help as I'm quite capable of replacing a flash chip but I don't have a spare :(

Yes the info page display info associated with the date in the actual driver package. The only way I've found to determine drivers is I normally download all the versions, extract them into individual sunfolders then zip up the top level folder. Then open the zip and then check the crc32 checksums to see if any match.

I'd love to help as I'm quite capable of replacing a flash chip but I don't have a spare :(
I think then maybe the drivers are 20140829 (ie Vix 029) as that was one of the latest images from vu-hd. I have two sets of drivers both maybe near this date.

If I zip up these drivers, would you be able to double check the driver date for me?

If anyone has a later image (whether BH, OpenPLI, etc) later than August which in theory would have a newer driver then I could use those drivers instead.

Wasn't there an image change that required a certain minimum version of drivers? Sorry I've not been following the image scene of late as I've left my clone at vix 808. If I get time I may have a play around with my original box and randomly replace drivers to see what happens.

Back