help please

jammoboss

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi all

my pocett pc 5550 is running tomtom5 which i unistalled for an updated one but im not happy with the later version so i removed the folder and tried to resinstall version 5

in my folder which is on my storage card theres these folders

Great Britian Map
Itn
Licences
Palm
raster
schemes
Voices
Install.doc
and START (with the tomtom hands as the icon)

in the 2557 folder theres the gps.cab, PIMAddin, ttn, wzd and autorun

when i click on start or autorun it installs tomtom but when im setting it up its saying no maps, ive had this version installed for over a year now, the min i delete it i cant remember how i got it on there in the first place duh lol

Can anyone help please

p.s ive tried the 5.21 update

Last edited:
hello m8.

if you have the map folders on your computer copy them again to the memory card. if not download them again and copy them onto the card. Because you have uninstalled it it has probably took all wit it. thats y it cant find the maps. Hope this helps, if not i apologise as i am gettin a bit pi*$ed now. LOL.

lol i bet you are, no all the folders i listed are on the memory card but when i run the start it installs the programme but then comes up with no map.

This is bugging me like mad now, ive search several forums, theres loads of people having this problem but i know i got around it last time :(

Last edited:
Are you sure your map is a TT5 one, if not it wont see it.

You have other posts where it is suggested to install tt6.02 or tt6.03. Just put the tt6.02/6.03 cab file in the root of the SD card and execute it from file explorer on the PDA. You will need maps compatible with tt6 of course.

freddy

yeah i decided to go for v6, the maps work, just seems a bit slower or is it just me?

updated speed camera lacations, just a few probs

1. The voice list only has british voices, eveb though the voice file is full of data** files? i tried adding some celeb voices by adding the files to that directory but none are showing, it worked on tomtom5 ?

2. is there any good voices for the cameras or do you just have the ding and beep noises, sorry new to this.

manyt hanks

theres still only the british voice, i added the originals again and added a few celeb but still showing only 2?

xda lli

i have this o2 xda lli, it hard rebot by itself and i lose all my data that i have, it has happend to me 3 time in 1 year, can any 1 help me. pls

hi all

my pocett pc 5550 is running tomtom5 which i unistalled for an updated one but im not happy with the later version so i removed the folder and tried to resinstall version 5

in my folder which is on my storage card theres these folders

Great Britian Map
Itn
Licences
Palm
raster
schemes
Voices
Install.doc
and START (with the tomtom hands as the icon)

in the 2557 folder theres the gps.cab, PIMAddin, ttn, wzd and autorun

when i click on start or autorun it installs tomtom but when im setting it up its saying no maps, ive had this version installed for over a year now, the min i delete it i cant remember how i got it on there in the first place duh lol

Can anyone help please

p.s ive tried the 5.21 update

After you install, there should be a hidden file on your PPc that points where the maps are,
make sure its pointing to the wright folder.

Back