TomTom All Versions

Sorry if this is in the wrong place . Can some one tell me what tomtom I would need for a Palm TX .
Thanks in advance

If Anyone Strugles I Put The Date Back To 2007 In The Phones Memory To Get It To Install

I have the xda orbit and i have followed the 1st posts in the thread. When i go to install the Tom Tom sis i get the follwing error " there is no application associated with tom tom mobile v6.01.s60v3.Symbianos9.1. Run the application 1st, then open this file from within the application.

The steps i take are
Start>File explorer> Storage card ( where i copied them to)>TomTom.Mobile.v6.01.S60v3.SymbianOS9.1.sis thats when i get the error

These are the files i have

tomtom
voices
raster
Postcode
UK_and_IE_plus_major_roads_of_WE-Map

TomTom.Mobile.v6.01.S60v3.SymbianOS9.1.sis

Hope somebody can help

Edit: Sorry my BAD installed the nokia version instead of the pda lol. So that is todays lesson on making sure you read the post properly lol

Last edited:
I did just reply saying that your trying to install the Symbian version on a Windows device but then I just read your edit :)

Dont know if you know how i get different voices on the tom tom. I extracted the file to my desktop then I have put all 3 files which are

data70
data70.chk
data70.vif

into the voices folder on the tomtom on the sd card.But i still only get Tim and Jane as my default voices.

Hi all, new to this site and i think it is a excellent site for like minded people.

Apologies if this has been asked already.

I'm using a Nokia E90 and I've managed to get TomTom working on it, thanks to this site but I wanted to know is there anyway of getting the internal GPS on the E90 working with TomTom.

or do I need a external Gps.

Thanks in advaance.

Afraid you will need a GPS receiver at the moment, the N95 patch is more of a patch for the actual phone rather than for TomTom... You could always try it though :)

N95 Gbuilt-in GPS fix

Hey boys and girls! Look what daddy's been and found!!! :p

LINK --->>> http: // w w w . megaupload . com/?d=4KG4RY22 (remove gaps as appropriate).

What is this you ask? Well, is the title of this post a clue?! I'm testing it now. Been told it works 100%.

Hmmmmmm. 30 mins later and... well if anyone can get this to work from that MESS of a help file... please kick me swiftly up the rear end and call me Judy cus i can't get a THING from it. All i get is some error message on the installation of the tomtom.sisx file.

However... after further investigating... check this one out but DO NOT... i repeat do NOT go to the link posted at the header of this one. I did that and my BullGuard INSTANTLY found a Trojan. Just read and see if you can make the link i posted to start with comatible with the info on this link below.

LINK --->>> http: // w w w . techwatch . co . uk/forums/34373-tom-tom-working-with-int-gps-on-n95-n958g.html (again, remove gaps as appropriate).

Shout me back if you get anything please someone. It's now almost 2am and i'm off to bed!!!

Steve :proud:

P.S. If i have made a boo-boo by posting an outside link on here or done anything i shouldn't have, please give me a polite telling off. Yes i've been a member here for a while but i've made under 5 postings and still learning. Sorry in advance if i screwed up.

Last edited:
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i seeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

lol, thanks mate its been posted before :) its quite simple to install :)

Here you go mate and its got a guide with it too :)
http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/177337/

Typical! I thought i'd found something of use and low and behold, i'm about 5 light lears behind! lol That's what comes of having to prat about reinstalling XP cus you have a box of spanners for a system i guess! LOL

Anyway, thanks for the link fella. Got it going without any problems so it MUST be simple!

Oh, heard anything about TT7 from the HTC Diamond at all? Supposedly better but from what screenshots i've seen on xda developers, dunna look a lot different to me.

One final thing... for those wanting a Diamond, do NOT get one from ebay unless you wanna spend about £450 ish. The release date is the 14th of July and Voda UK have already priced it at £230 in their business catalogue, SIM free.

*waffling now ends* :p

Last edited by a moderator:
what one do i need to use with a "Orange SPV M700" its got * Microsoft Windows Mobile version 5.0
* stylus
ty
I have the same phone and am successfully using Tomtom
pocketpc device
app: 6.010
gps v1.20
uk,ireland plus v675.1409

Thanks c9679 for starting this very good thread.
I get confused with all the different available tomtom and, having read the whole thread, I am now even more confused!
I have a Nokia N73: what is the most recent version on tomtom I can use?
Navigator 6?
And the most up to date maps of UK & Ireland?
Cheers

you can use v 6 tom tom m8 and v 6 maps with it. v7 maps dont work with it.

Thanks Carlos
I have tomtom navigator v6.010 and Map GB + major roads of WE v650.1046
Would you know if these are the latest as I found the UK map quite out of date in my local area.
Cheers

Back