help on how to restore sb4200e bootloader plz

shadowdemon

Inactive User
Reaction score
hello ppl,
ive got a sb4200e in the ex cw area which went off a while back, i tried to update the firmware using netboot but when i got to the hack page and tried to update the firmware it froze halfway and i haven't been able to even reach the hack page until i brought a max233 from jabs, i thought i would of been able to sort it but ive got to the hack page tried the firmware again but it freezes the same way and it says "can't load boot file" in hyperterminal ive been told you have to enter this in send text file
2 enetBcm(0,0)admin:/opt/vwMIPS_1_0_1_fcs/target/config/sb4200/vxWorks.st h=192.168.100.10 e=192.168.100.1 u=jmcqueen pw=rickey7 f=0x8 tn=SB4200 o=bs1
is this the boot file its on about?. could anyone tell me what software i can use with max233 to restore the bootloader plz

Tried to reply to your PM m8 but it says your not allowed/or are not accepting PM's ;)

For the 4200 you'll need to blackcat it. Install the 10 pin heder to the board then use the blackcat software with whatever bootloader you want to restore.

The blackcat cables are easy to make if your ok with a soldering iron.

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried to reply to your PM m8 but it says your not allowed/or are not accepting PM's ;)

For the 4200 you'll need to blackcat it. Install the 10 pin heder to the board then use the blackcat software with whatever bootloader you want to restore.

The blackcat cables are easy to make if your ok with a soldering iron.

:)

sorry monkey ive sorted my profile out now, my m8 going see if he can make me a blackcat lead, but if youve got any answers about why i cant load the boot file could you let us know bruv, thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Back