help needed

derek12345

Inactive User
Reaction score
neighbour of mine has 2 cats another neighbour 's dog(jack russell) got out yesterday and attacked 1 cat ripping its throat out neighbour came round apoligising saying dog never done nothing like that before only got out as kids are on holiday and left pen open now even as i love dogs and not very fond of cats i think it should be put down as it could be a kid next time even his own kids guy not interested in putting dog down is there anything she can do about this ???

neighbour of mine has 2 cats another neighbour 's dog(jack russell) got out yesterday and attacked 1 cat ripping its throat out neighbour came round apoligising saying dog never done nothing like that before only got out as kids are on holiday and left pen open now even as i love dogs and not very fond of cats i think it should be put down as it could be a kid next time even his own kids guy not interested in putting dog down is there anything she can do about this ???

Not sure. As even the most placid dogs can go wild on cats and it can be a bit of a jump from attacking a cat to attacking a person. Must remember that Jack Russells were bred to attack and chase small animals, this is no different to a cat chasing and killing a mouse.bird.
However deeply upsetting and traumatic this must be, I would put it down to a very sad accident.

Not sure. As even the most placid dogs can go wild on cats and it can be a bit of a jump from attacking a cat to attacking a person. Must remember that Jack Russells were bred to attack and chase small animals, this is no different to a cat chasing and killing a mouse.bird.
However deeply upsetting and traumatic this must be, I would put it down to a very sad accident.

your exactly right, people jump sayin dog should be put down. but its different as most dogs always fight with cats, as you say same as a cat chasing a mouse or bird

as i said i am a dog lover but that dog has tasted blood now it could be a kid next time i think it should be put down

as i said i am a dog lover but that dog has tasted blood now it could be a kid next time i think it should be put down

I disagree, the way dogs react to other animals and the way they react to humans are two entirely different things. If the dog was habitually out on the streets and ravaging every othe animal in the street then I would say yes, however that doesn't appear to be the case here.

update:- neighbour with dog said last nite he was putting dog down so neighbour with cat went up to see him today he now said thought about it all last nite if dog went away kids would be upset so he is not putting it down neighbour foned polis they said he does not have to put dog down because as you stated dogs go for cats if it was a human it went for no question they would put it down but not for killing a cat

this all depends on how the dog is treated/brought up. i absolutely love staffs but people say they are dangerous, WRONG, they are only dangerous if you bring them up that way. most of the dogs that have attacked people have been brought up to fight,so that is the problem. of course dogs go for cats,thats there instict, if we put down every dog that attacks a cat, there would be no dogs left. dont forget, dogs are animals and doesnt no much about wrong or right unless you teach them and how can you teach a dog not to chase a cat that is its instict. i wouldnt put the dog down. that is my opinion.

Back