Help needed with tm6900

dave_c

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi guys , been tryin to update a freinds tm6900 super+ usb pvr box with latest firmware , got the firmware from the technomate site , downloaded , extracted and put it on a usb stick all went fine that far , put stick into reciever , went into menu , down to usb , and there was options , data transfer and a couple of others to choose from , went into data transfer , pressed yellow button on remote , found the stb file clicked ok , it said installing , after it had finished came up saying connect stb and switch on , tried a few diff options in the usb menu all came back with same result , but on each time of clicking on the yellow button to choose the stb file i noticed there was a couple of cndf files which wasnt there to start with i found that they was channels and data files , it seem to b copyin things to the stick instead of the reciever , am idoinsomethin wrong or is there a diff way of gettin the box to update via the usb stick , stick is formatted to fat 32 so as far as i know that is correct

would use the null modem lead and loader method except that mates pc has no 232 socket on it ( bloomin modern comps lol )

is there a tut around anywere on how to do it as found nothin through searchin or im entering the wrong things in the search

thx in advance

thx for that mate , will pop round and see him tomorrow after work , will try formattin the stick in the tm as u suggest , is it just a case of puttin stick in front of machine , goin into menu , click on usb , and then choose the bottom option from the list

hi guys , been tryin to update a freinds tm6900 super+ usb pvr box with latest firmware , got the firmware from the technomate site , downloaded , extracted and put it on a usb stick all went fine that far , put stick into reciever , went into menu , down to usb , and there was options , data transfer and a couple of others to choose from , went into data transfer , pressed yellow button on remote , found the stb file clicked ok , it said installing , after it had finished came up saying connect stb and switch on , tried a few diff options in the usb menu all came back with same result , but on each time of clicking on the yellow button to choose the stb file i noticed there was a couple of cndf files which wasnt there to start with i found that they was channels and data files , it seem to b copyin things to the stick instead of the reciever , am idoinsomethin wrong or is there a diff way of gettin the box to update via the usb stick , stick is formatted to fat 32 so as far as i know that is correct

would use the null modem lead and loader method except that mates pc has no 232 socket on it ( bloomin modern comps lol )

is there a tut around anywere on how to do it as found nothin through searchin or im entering the wrong things in the search

thx in advance
you can use a usb to serial convertor to connect the
null modem cable to and patch etc:that way or just
use the memory stick it's quicker and easier, but if you
ever get a bad download or glitch you can only restore the box
with the null cable by doing a forced download
here is a doc on patching i made for others it might help

Back