Help Needed Ambit 250

gryfon99

Inactive User
Reaction score
CAN ANY BODY DONATE A MAC FOR STOCKTON (TEESSIDE PURE NTL) AS I DON'T HAVE ANY TO TRADE YET I HAVE JUST MOVED HOUSE AND THE ONLY INTERNET CONNECTON I HAVE IS USING MY MOBILE I HAVE JUST FLASHED A AMBIT250 AND I JUST NEED TO GET ONLINE ANY SPEED WILL DO

: multi : MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE : multi :

look in the ntl mac trade area for peeps in ur area and bombard them with pm's u might get lucky if not try and make friend with some1 about 2 miles away so they can scan for u

look in the ntl mac trade area for peeps in ur area and bombard them with pm's u might get lucky if not try and make friend with some1 about 2 miles away so they can scan for u

lol..........

Right I got a mac address of someone that lives about 3 miles away but when i put it in and reboot the modem it just seems to stick on waiting for tftp do i have to enter this myself if so how do i find it out as i can not connect to ntl

this is the modem config screen as it is at the moment

View attachment 27804

its missin the tftp server ip u need to get it off the person u got the mac from or run dhcpforce and stick the mac in where it says mac address then go to dhcp on the top left and click on discover and hopefully it wil work u should see in the middle . if u see 192 168 100 1 then its not working the... 250 tut needs revising u cant use the 250 configurator unless u have ur tftp server ip if u dont kmow ur tftp ip its always best to telnet using hyperterminal to write ur freq. macs and annex mode so u can get online first and get ur tftp ip then use the 250configurator to force a 10mb config file

Last edited:
Back