Help Modding A Ps2

mark370

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi guys, ime in need of a bit of advice on a modding a ps2.
my grandson has got a silver ps2 model no:SCPH-50003 Pal.
and ime looking to mod it for him without him noing before xmas so he can use the various games i downloaded for him.

i can pay some-one to do this for me but its going to cost me around £80 witch i think is way to dear seeing as the mod chips are around £20 to £45 depending on witch one and for whats is involved.
i dont mind doing the mod myself as ime quite good with a soldering iron so there is no problem there...

ive been looking around and ime a bit confused of the best way and witch mod chip to use,as there is that many chips and differant ways to do it.

if some-one could advise me on a witch mod chip to get for this version ov ps2 i would be very gratfull.
also if any-one has got any diags or links that would be helpfull to.???

many-thanks for your help.

Last edited:
try here m8,they have diagrams as well h**p://www.modchipworld.co.uk/

hi guys, ime in need of a bit of advice on a modding a ps2.
my grandson has got a silver ps2 model no:SCPH-50003 Pal.
and ime looking to mod it for him without him noing before xmas so he can use the various games i downloaded for him.

i can pay some-one to do this for me but its going to cost me around £80 witch i think is way to dear seeing as the mod chips are around £20 to £45 depending on witch one and for whats is involved.
i dont mind doing the mod myself as ime quite good with a soldering iron so there is no problem there...

ive been looking around and ime a bit confused of the best way and witch mod chip to use,as there is that many chips and differant ways to do it.

if some-one could advise me on a witch mod chip to get for this version ov ps2 i would be very gratfull.
also if any-one has got any diags or links that would be helpfull to.???

many-thanks for your help.

i would b quite happy modding it for ya ..£30 plus price of chip...using a h2o modchip..and do the laser fix aswell to stop it blowing .what area are you m8....

Modchip

thanks for all your help guys ime in the leicestershire area and i will do the mod myself.as i said above i dont mind doing it,its just witch mod chip to get but MANY-THANKS for the offer...

ive now sorted the MODchip,ime gona get this one: DMS4 SE PRO from MRMODCHIPS [has any-body else used this mod-chip???]

@dave24 many thanks for the link m8

@jay 210 thanks for the offer of doing the mod "nice price"
although ive never modded a PS2 ive modded many other projects,and as you no your-self you get more satisfaction when you do it yourself but thanks.

@jay 210 question for you about the laser fix,have you got any docs or diags on this or a link so i can get this fixed for him at the same time as i mod it,because i dont want it to go wrong for him.many-thanks

again Thanks for your help...

no probs mark glad to help
thanks for all your help guys ime in the leicestershire area and i will do the mod myself.as i said above i dont mind doing it,its just witch mod chip to get but MANY-THANKS for the offer...

ive now sorted the MODchip,ime gona get this one: DMS4 SE PRO from MRMODCHIPS [has any-body else used this mod-chip???]

although ive never modded a PS2 ive modded many other projects,and as you no your-self you get more satisfaction when you do it yourself but thanks.

@jay 210 question for you about the laser fix,have you got any docs or diags on this or a link so i can get this fixed for him at the same time as i mod it,because i dont want it to go wrong for him.many-thanks

Hi m8,
like I mentioned I want to try a mod chip on my sons ps2,I would appreciate it if you are successful to let me know how easy /hard it was.
cheers

Looking in on thread,why do you rec. this chip?I want to do this too and there seems many types available.Is this chip simpler or cheaper?
cheers

the matrix is very good chip and is well known to be stable to use .but its not cheap it really depends on what version ps2 your going to mod ..to how easy it is to fit the wires ..ive used most of the chips available magic...matrix.. messiah2.. duo 2 ..dms ..muppet..apple but now using h2o mod with all my ps2's never had a problem plus it as an subzero fix for the slim ps2..so really its up to u what chip you use as they all do the same job..:)

the matrix is very good chip and is well known to be stable to use .but its not cheap it really depends on what version ps2 your going to mod ..to how easy it is to fit the wires ..ive used most of the chips available magic...matrix.. messiah2.. duo 2 ..dms ..muppet..apple but now using h2o mod with all my ps2's never had a problem plus it as an subzero fix for the slim ps2..so really its up to u what chip you use as they all do the same job..:)
Thanks for advice.I had a look around and see on some sites the chip at under £10 ,what is needed apart from the chip?just the special cable to solder to unit.My verion of ps2 is SCPH-75002/3 and that is a v.12 isn't it?
Hoping to do this fairly soon anyway.
cheers

Thanks for advice.I had a look around and see on some sites the chip at under £10 ,what is needed apart from the chip?just the special cable to solder to unit.My verion of ps2 is SCPH-75002/3 and that is a v.12 isn't it?
Hoping to do this fairly soon anyway.
cheers

scph 75002 iam sure its a version 14... so no fix is needed for that one ..but adding it will not damage your ps2 ..i would spend about £20 to 25 for the chip stay away from magic ... use thick wire for the power and ground..ide cable The Ultra Fine one can b used as its single core for the rest of the wiring.....:)

Last edited:
scph 75002 iam sure its a version 14... so no fix is needed for that one ..but adding it will not damage your ps2 ..i would spend about £20 to 25 for the chip stay away from magic ... use thick wire for the power and ground..ide cable The Ultra Fine one can b used as its single core for the rest of the wiring.....:)
Great,where is a good place to get the chip/wire as I am sure the chip you mentioned is fairly easy to get,and when you say thick wire what are we talking about ,solid bell wire?and rest using the chip recommended type at the site.
thanks for your help here m8

Great,where is a good place to get the chip/wire as I am sure the chip you mentioned is fairly easy to get,and when you say thick wire what are we talking about ,solid bell wire?and rest using the chip recommended type at the site.
thanks for your help here m8

Good uk site for ya..them h2o under £15 on here.....:)
h**p://www.mrmodchips.co.uk/catalog/

let me know how you get on guys as i'm gonna give it a try- anyone know a good site for downloading games. cheers

cheers, i'll try it out, just bought the chip so want a few games ready to get me started

got the chip, just going to get the sleeves rolled up and get stuck in!!

downloaded Pro Ev 6 to get me started!! is there a particular type of disc i need to burn it to ??

cheers

Back