Help me hide (please)

digidude

Sheep worrier.
VIP Member
Reaction score
I use a redirect service for my homepage, the only thing is that once you have been redirected to my real address it shows in the bar at the top. I have been to other pages which use a rdeirect service and it still shows the original address that you used. How do i do this as i will be fired if im busted.

cheers

I think I know what you mean.

If you register a domain "chunks.com" and want this redirected to "me.freeserve.co.uk", then you can do this in two ways . . .

You can have a simple redirection page, so that in the address field at the top of the browser, you'll get "me.freeserve.co.uk", or you can frame the website, in which case when you go to your website "chunks.com" will appear in the "address" field, and so it gives a first appearance of being properly hosted. Usually I think these are options which have to be provided for you my your ISP, so if your ISP doesn't give you the option of a frame, you might have to do something clever or forget it.

On my domain name provider (ukreg.com) you can have either of these two solutions, which is selectable within the properties of the domain.

If your ISP doesn't provide for this, you may find a free DNS provider who also provides redirection (mydomain.com is the one I use) which may provide you with what you want, without having to move the registration of your domain.

Sounds like you want to frame your page. However, if you don't want to get busted, then don't do this, because a simple view of the source of your homepage (off the IE "View" menu) will show up where your domain name is redirecting to, as well as the line on the bottom LHS of the browser which shows the current page being loaded - this will give the game away too, as well as seeing where any links are pointing to within your pages and so there's no security in a redirector.

Back