Help installing openATV!!

kevsmith

Inactive User
Reaction score
Recently received an Amiko alien 2, only spark was installed and straight away i connected all the cables in and installed the plugin pack via usb. I then downloaded the openatv 4.2 nightly version 20150323 and tried to install and it installed successfully. However, whenever i boot up in enigma, the screen just displays "openATV" and then the display flashes black and then back to the openATV writing.

I then tried to install champion's openatv 4.2 file and the same thing happened. The display would show a amiko alien 2 box with a spinning icon in the corner and the screen would flash black and then the same image would appear.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

hi kev,
are you upgrading e2 via spark?
have you updated spark firmware to the latest?
i usually format my usb stick to fat32,make sure you extract the folder first if its a compressed file,?
then copy the enigma2 folder to usb stick,plug it in box,boot to spark,select plugins,then choose e2 upgrade,navigate it to the enigma 2 file and then press the enigma2 update,think it is the red button,let it install and then exit out of spark,then boot into e2, job done!
ps.make sure you flash it with the proper image for amiko alien2 (sh4)
either directly from opena.tv or if you have a look on lavatronics download centre,you will find links to all e2 images,plugins and channel lists,make sure you download the openatv softcam file for sh4 too as you will be needing this at a later stage
hope this helps bud

as above really, I always find it easier to upgrade via spark, 9 times out of 10 if I force it by holding ok button while powering on it just hangs, e2 upgrade via spark is usually very fast for me and hassle free.

Back