help err 4

john57uk

Inactive User
Reaction score
ive a pace box the when you power it up it says pace then err 4 and stays like that can any one tell me can this be fixed thanks for any help

i think it's something wrong with the flash,trying to remember the codes...but seen that many lol

my god biggles what kind of answer is that to give lol well get your brain into gear please

Err4_ Flash Fail or can't find platform object

any better for ya cheeky coont lol

do you know what i means? it's forked lol.

bad flash on the chip mate,maybe during an update?

thanks biggles for your help once again i dont know what iwould do without you lol see ya the mara

ive a pace box the when you power it up it says pace then err 4 and stays like that can any one tell me can this be fixed thanks for any help

could be a few things m8 depending on the model and area you live in

could be corruption in the box/bad connection on the simm atmels/bad connection on the mainboard atmels/bad conection on the nvram

ntl/excw---error4 loop points to a bad conection on the sim atmels/ or the atmels have been taken off the simcard

simm

i had this problem with a pace box, and i simply had to remove the jumper, and the simm for around 10 secconds and then place the simm back into place and then the jumper.

This should resolve the problem and then boot up...

but sometimes the error will come up again, so i have to do this process again.

Hope this helps...tell me how you get on

Dabest57

i think it could be the stchip,its a 4010 in a pure area,either that or something to do with the ram.

sounds like a 4000 box, inside your box near the ribbon cable their should be a samsung / toshiba with two pins missing from either side. your going to have to touch each of those legs with fine tipped solder iron.

Err4 on 4000 and 4010 is usually a NAND Flash problem, it is indeed the TSOPII with the middle pins at either side missing.

Unless it has been off the board then a dry joint is unlikely, more than likely reflashing it would help.

If it's one of the loader revisions that displayed some data on the TV during boot you might see Datatype 0x00000000 or something like that. Normally it's 0x00000040.

thanks but how do i reflash it

with a programer m8, {not worth the effort if you hav'nt got the proper programer and dump for the chip}

{i thougth it was a 1000 or a 4001 model myself}

can you get into the e/menu, {have you tried forceing an update etc ?}

has this box been working ok previously ? what software is on the box ?

has it got the noupdate mod done to it

some history on the box might help????????????????????? otherwise throw it in the bin

i do know it's a 4010,new tosh chip(from an old box lol) i think,i dont have the adapter for that chip tho,used to have 1 but forked it up....remember puting cr1 soft onto them and getting the boxkey from libby.....good day's with rom 10 a16 etc aswell,then came an update and it was off with atmels and a few hundred boxes threw out the u.k nackered lol

i do know it's a 4010,new tosh chip(from an old box lol) i think,i dont have the adapter for that chip tho,used to have 1 but forked it up....remember puting cr1 soft onto them and getting the boxkey from libby.....good day's with rom 10 a16 etc aswell,then came an update and it was off with atmels and a few hundred boxes threw out the u.k nackered lol

1st option is to reflow the tosh chip if you have'nt already tried it m8?

a few things you can try {assumeing the tosh chip is not corrupt ?}==progam the st micro with the cr1 loader then do the noupdate mod, "see what you get"

or transplant the tosh chip into a working 4010 then force an update straight off

Back