(HELP) constructing a HEX file

BIG-HOL

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi all i went to download this for my pic18f usb

Index of /pic18fusb

but its just the actual hex code, how do i turn that into the actual HEX file to run it on my usb.

any help much appreciated

Last edited:
never mind iv just tried save as and it seems to have done it, lol.

is that right!

also is there anyway of checking that the hex has actually loaded, i use picdem to load my hex's, but im not sure its actually doing anything, what i do is goto load once usb has been recognised, then in the white box the hex file loads but i cant program it, im assuming when i load it its just applying the hex to the usb, is this correct, or am i not loading it properly!

just tried again and this is whats coming up

anyone got any suggestions???

could a mod just delete this thread i think iv sussed it, thanks!

Sorry m8 ive not compiled my own hex's before.
i just needed to save as mate, but i was clicking and it was taking me too the actual hex code so thought i had to compile it.

im tired mate my heads not with me tonight.

right guys i need help, iv got a picf184550, never really tried to flash any new hex's on it since i 1st bought it so im still abit clueless, iv tried using 2 different programs to load my hex's, microchip bootloader and PDFSUSB, but it doesnt seem to be doing anything, the hid bootloader recognises the usb and i can program it fine, but it still doesnt work in ps3, when i plug the device into my laptop it detects it no problem, the light on the device just keeps flickering on and off fast, is that normal or should it be constant.

im trying to load this hex from here and im also using the microchip bootloader from this page too.

Index of /pic18fusb

for whatever reason i cant get it to work on the ps3. it came blank when i got it and i loaded a hex no problem, just cant seem to do it now.

also im using a new laptop which is a 64 bit whereas my old laptop was a 32 bit, does that make a difference!

dont really know where im going wrong but theres only so many times i can power cycle before it drives me mad, lol.

all help appreciated!

BUMP......... can anyone help as im at a loss now as to what iv done wrong, doing my head in and nothing seems to be working!

Ive just done one of these for colin and what i did was use win xp 32 bit because the hid bootloader program 2.6b would not load on a 64 bit os.

I used the ps3 break hex v 1.4b (same chip) which is hermes v4b. Worked like a charm.

The red led flashes when programing but does not flash when using it in the ps3, however the jailbreak still runs.

Off to pick kids up from school m8 if you need any more help ill be back around 3:30pm.

Ive just done one of these for colin and what i did was use win xp 32 bit because the hid bootloader program 2.6b would not load on a 64 bit os.

I used the ps3 break hex v 1.4b (same chip) which is hermes v4b. Worked like a charm.

The red led flashes when programing but does not flash when using it in the ps3, however the jailbreak still runs.

Off to pick kids up from school m8 if you need any more help ill be back around 3:30pm.
cheers sargie iv pm's you mate!

Back