HDMU Image flashing query

RLG59RD

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi Chaps,

Can you just flash an HDMU image without having to alter anything specific before hand. Can you just load up in Spark as any other?

Regards

Rob

Dual booting so flashing HDMU will not affect SPARK and if you install and use the E2 upgrade plugin in SPARK flashing a E2 image is very easy. But remember you still need to do the power off press ok button power on routine to select which os you want to boot in to.

I have tried two HDMU images but both have failed, well stuck in a boot loop - hence me asking the question??

RLG

Are you using the right image for you box?
Which Alien have you got? Are you using a back up image and how are you flashing the image.

I have an Alien 2 triple, using a back up image from the section for Alien 2, flashing via Spark bud?

you need to flash via the buttons on the front

Hi mate you can't use this method for backup images because file size is bigger than vanilla image.

I have an Alien 2 triple, using a back up image from the section for Alien 2, flashing via Spark bud?

I've uploaded pauldb's backup image try that one download it here.
Also Aliens are fussy do not have a deep file structure by that I mean keep the image files in folder on the root of the usb not in one folder in another folder etc.. although you may be able to navigate to the image files using the E2 upgrade plugin and it will even say success the image will not get flashed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back