HDMI Pci Express Graphics Card**Wanted**

John, I think I might have confused you the other day?

To try to keep it simple, the graphics card doesn't have the ability to decode sound for HDMI (it would be nice if they did). To get sound to the TV you need to be able to connect your sound device (onboard or sound card) to the HDMI enabled graphics card. With the maplin card you need to ensure you have a digital sound source. If you tell us the spec of your motherboard and any soundcard you have Col or I will be able to confirm this is possible.

In fact the few HDMI enabled cards I've seen all 'do sound' by allowing you to connect a digital sound signal and pass it down the HDMI cable.

But, I have found out there are breakout boxes which turn a DVI + SPDIF feed into HDMI though. Here is an example, but may be cheaper elsewhere (e.g. ebay) http://www.cableuniverse.co.uk/catalog/cables/DVI-Audio-to-HDMI-Converter.html

you did and didn't lol

tbh PC component's are not my strong point at all and I just thought you plugged in the hdmi lead and bobs ya uncle

Ive now bought a card with hdmi and am hoping for the best lol and will try and fix what don't work if it don't work :err:

the sat card ain't arrived yet either,did say up to 2 weeks though :)

Ill keep ya all posted any how ;)

thank you all for your time its really appreciated guys

Back