hd unlocking

i-zombie

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
ok heres the deal,ive got a big hd i had in an xbox,it was taken out for some reason and now it wont let me in to access the content

does anyone know good software for getting into/unlocking hdd its a hitachi deskstar

Putting it back into the original xbox is the ONLY way that you can unlcok it. becuase it is encryped with the keys from the original xbox. Mairyhinge is right, you will need to put it back in there, unlock it and then you can use it again in a pc.

not possible im afraid,i forgot to put my original eprom back on my xbox after softmod upgrading a mates hdd

i read some were that u can get a programme that can unlock a encrypted hd

i think its called hd unlock

if its a orignal xbox drive there is a prog that flashes the firmware on them and the side effect is that they become unlocked

Hi
Yes I have tried a unlock software before but depending on the state of how it is locked you may be able to lock it all depends on its current status.
Also I did come across a xbox hdd unlock info too I suggest you search google that is where I found the information but this was a year ago and I can not remember it exactly where it was.

iiive got back into it,using atapwd, i had tried this before with no luck but it appears the password config magic sets had altered slightly and the team part had become lowercase while assembly was still caps,id not heard of this happening b4 but all sorted now

thanks for your input guys

Back