HD Linux receiver

it taes a while to boot but seems to run about the same speed as a DM800.

it's early days for the qbox but (XXXXXXXXX) formerly vu-support have a support section

Dont advertise other forums

The Dentist

Last edited by a moderator:
it's early days for the qbox but xxxxx formerly xxxxxxx have a support section

Theres support everywhere for everything. Just peoples personal opinion both finacially and how they look and so on deciding on what box to get.

Also, we dont do advertising for other forums for obvious reasons.

Last edited by a moderator:
mickbrush can you post ecm times from the same cline while it is in the qbox while comparing the ecm times of the same cline in a different box?

whats the crack with this radar gizmo?

it taes a while to boot but seems to run about the same speed as a DM800.

what is the recording functionality like?

does it have anything like an Autotimer (sky+ series link) function?

Is the EPG easy enough to browse through and does it have a Virtual Zap kinda thing going?

I could give up all the extra functionality of an Enigma2 box if it does all the basics correctly, for half the price.

Theres support everywhere for everything. Just peoples personal opinion both finacially and how they look and so on deciding on what box to get.

Also, we dont do advertising for other forums for obvious reasons.

indeed there are support forums all over the place, i was just pointing out one that i use regularly. as for my other posts i'm just offering my opinion of over 22 years as a satellite enthusiast and hobbyist.

ecm times are about the same as my duo,dm800,dm500 but have used many different boxes and all work fine with good ecm times. I gues I just have a stable internet and sever.

Radar you just download from addons sever and pop your c or n lines into the radar cfg exactly same as you do with cccam.

Can it run CCCam as a server ? I believe the Qbox One had issues acting as a CCCam server.

Thanks for the input all, going to go for the VU+DUO

I've got a smargo in my DM800 to read the sly card - does this work ok on the DUO?

but thinking about it the sly card can stay in the DM800 and then just CS to it I guess

Good choice you wont regret going for the VU+ duo Ive had mine almost a year now and would not swap it for any other receiver.

how is the vu+ duo superior to the qbox mini with an additional dvbs2 tuner?
aside from the lack of internal hdd and additional processing power. what does this mean in real life terms?

Cheers.

as I dont have my second tuner I cant test yet but VU+ is faster and a proven history of stability.

how is the vu+ duo superior to the qbox mini with an additional dvbs2 tuner?
aside from the lack of internal hdd and additional processing power. what does this mean in real life terms?

Cheers.

well for one, the VU has a huge support base.

well for one, the VU has a huge support base.

Supports always going to be one of the big issues, no point having good hardware and crap software images with limited functionality. It's main reasons theres loads of "flop" recievers that have never really got off the ground.

- Azbox, Original Qbox, ReelBox, Relook/Mutant, TM Linux recievers.

VU has done well because they seem to have a blend of decent hardware backed with good software support, theres decent developers releasing images for the VU like the original DreamElite BlackHole Team, VIX Team etc..Some of the same teams that have made Dream images.

Supports always going to be one of the big issues, no point having good hardware and crap software images with limited functionality. It's main reasons theres loads of "flop" recievers that have never really got off the ground.

- Azbox, Original Qbox, ReelBox, Relook/Mutant, TM Linux recievers.

VU has done well because they seem to have a blend of decent hardware backed with good software support, theres decent developers releasing images for the VU like the original DreamElite BlackHole Team, VIX Team etc..Some of the same teams that have made Dream images.

Building their own drivers, integrating them with an Enigma2 image and releasing the source code was the master stroke from VU - lots of DM developers could easily jump over to the new device which had similar specs to the DM8000 at under half the price. The world was really crying out for a twin tuner HD enigma box that we could actually afford.

Back