HD content on XBMC

XBMC can upscale to 720p and 1080i but it cant HD files because its just not powerful enough.

I think there was some talk on x-s forum about a ported linux version that would play HD content but you will have to read up about it.

It can play the HRHD stuff on newsgroups - but the physical limitations of xbox make proper HD too dificult (or so I understand).

Now I use a dvico tvix 4100 to do all my video media. And xbmc for my music collection, xboxes are too noisy for films

It can play the HRHD stuff on newsgroups - but the physical limitations of xbox make proper HD too dificult (or so I understand).

Now I use a dvico tvix 4100 to do all my video media. And xbmc for my music collection, xboxes are too noisy for films

never heard of hrhd m8 :)

Shame really.....HD killed the Media Star!!

The old xbox gets more playtime in my house than any other games console...
Hope PS3 or 360 gets the treatment soon.

360 already has a lot of media centre stuff built in, though not quiet as good as XBMC.

Also if you think the xbox is noisy, try the 360.

GPU accelerated decoding is very unlikely to happen on XBMC so no HD is a no go... try the branch for Linuxport or MacOSX or even Win32 is coming to life.

I've have the 360..and yes the noise is pathetic ...and so is the the transformer...and weight...and divx playback ..compared to a ps3..

The XBMC port to linux is coming along quite nicely and should be perfect for HD.

I've been playing with the windows version and its also looking pretty damn good, still a bit buggy but not bad at all.

The eventual plan is to couple XBMC with a stripped down version of linux and have it all run off a live cd, so even if the windows one doesn't come off even hard core m$ fans will havesomething to use.

But it is a shame the old xbox isn't up to it as xbmc on it is great.

The XBMC port to linux is coming along quite nicely and should be perfect for HD.

I've been playing with the windows version and its also looking pretty damn good, still a bit buggy but not bad at all.

The eventual plan is to couple XBMC with a stripped down version of linux and have it all run off a live cd, so even if the windows one doesn't come off even hard core m$ fans will havesomething to use.

But it is a shame the old xbox isn't up to it as xbmc on it is great.

I'd love a version on XBMC on my pc, have always thought it was THE best media centre.

what XBMC do you use?

Is it the same one as you use for xbox with some other programs with it?

Cheers lads

what XBMC do you use?

Is it the same one as you use for xbox with some other programs with it?

Cheers lads

Yep, exactly the same, just grap the latest T3CH, think there's even a link to it on the xbmc thread above

Thanks m8 just tried it and it works...
Only prob it,s not full screen is that the same for everyone?

Cheers

You can run xbmc or pc hope they make a pc version of xbmc bootable verion no need to install windows or something just boot you pc up with xbmc and then we will be able to enjoy hd stuff on xbmc
without any m*cros*ft so called media center copy of xbmc

Back