Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

HD Channels started Freezing Suddenly

alonso

Inactive User
Quite a few HD channels have suddenly started freezing on my dm800, everything has been spot on for a couple of weeks then sunday night I'm getting bad glitching..

SSP1,SSP2 and loads of others have started, I havent touched the box or software and I have my own card in so not connected to a server.. Box isnt over heating as I have a laptop cooler on top (HDD temp is 27)

SNR on SSP1 has dropped to 68%-71%, this was running flawless @76% until sunday night? Running on cccam 2.1.4

Anyone have any ideas why it could suddenly change?

cheers mate but we havent really got much, plus it only snowed last night here so cant be that..

Quite a few HD channels have suddenly started freezing on my dm800, everything has been spot on for a couple of weeks then sunday night I'm getting bad glitching..

SSP1,SSP2 and loads of others have started, I havent touched the box or software and I have my own card in so not connected to a server.. Box isnt over heating as I have a laptop cooler on top (HDD temp is 27)

SNR on SSP1 has dropped to 68%-71%, this was running flawless @76% until sunday night? Running on cccam 2.1.4

Anyone have any ideas why it could suddenly change?

If you are using it with a sly mini dish, i would hazard a guess it could be the extreme bad weather condition's the UK has been getting since Sunday, unless your not getting any snow were you are. If it was not snow then how about heavy rain etc?? or maybe your dish has moved a bit.

Here is an unrelated thought, if you are running your white card in a dm800 slot i think it puts to much volts through it, so you would be better using it in an external reader thats volt's run at 3.3.

Last edited:
have you checked your connections mate, you say running flawlessly at 76%, but it should ideally be above 85% mate!

If you are using it with a sly mini dish, i would hazard a guess it could be the extreme bad weather condition's the UK has been getting since Sunday, unless your not getting any snow were you are. If it was not snow then how about heavy rain etc?? or maybe your dish has moved a bit.

Here is an unrelated thought, if you are running your white card in a dm800 slot i think it puts to much volts through it, so you would be better using it in an external reader thats volt's run at 3.3.

Hardly any snow mate, although it is a mini dish and not a great line of sight (been thinking about getting a zone2 dish).. I have thought about the voltage difference and been thinking about using something else as the server but I've checked the card and it seems fine and not too hot..

have you checked your connections mate, you say running flawlessly at 76%, but it should ideally be above 85% mate!

yeah checked everything, nothing has changed as no one has touched the box. I know it should be a bit higher than 76% but it hasnt missed a beat at that since I got up and running, the only channel I had a problem with before was espn hd which was really bad.

Funny though as a lot of my movie channels have always been at around 65% and run spot on!

Also what REV is the tuner?

Its a Rev K if I remember, when I first got it going I tried the L3 & the new M. The M was glithcing all the time and the L3 kept rebooting so i stuck the old one back in and has been spot on for weeks??

Thanks for the help guys

No, I ordered 1 yesterday just incase so I'll try it when it comes.. The box has been running spot on for a couple of weeks though, something must have changed for it to just start freezing?

Appreciate youve tried REV M, but did you try it with an inline amp?

The thing is these new rev m tuner's are supposed to end all glitching 100% snr on a mini dish without any inline amp!!!!!!!!!

If you think everything is the same then i don't know what it could be, unless the tuner is on the way out.

The thing is these new rev m tuner's are supposed to end all glitching 100% snr on a mini dish without any inline amp!!!!!!!!!

If you think everything is the same then i don't know what it could be, unless the tuner is on the way out.

Yeah thats why I bought the Rev M tuner!! I'll disconnect it when the missus has gone bed and have a mess.. :proud:

Just to update, I received my inline amp today, connected it up and just watched the 1st 45mins of Liverpool on ESPN HD without a sinlge glitch/freeze.. I couldnt watch that channel before, also ssp1 hd is now working again (72%-73% but again no freezing?)

Fingers crossed thats cured it!

Back