Having to restart cam on every channel. Aargghhhh.

imranrasool

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hiya guys,

Have finally setup my TM600 with a standard dish. Set up the image, downloaded cams, sent over the bouquets etc etc. So far everything went great without having to ask for help.

Now when everything was running smoothly have run into a very odd problem.

Basically when I switch channel, I have to save and restart the cam to descramble the channel. I have tried rebooting the reciever, the image. Softcam is set to mgcam3.15. Pressed red to ensure cams are upto date.

But still whilst I watch a non fta channel, as soon as i switch. I have to hit the blue button, input pin and save and restart the cam. And woohoo it works. But good ness me it is getting plain annoying as you can imagine having to do that for every channel change.

Any ideas what is wrong?

Try CCcam 2.1.4 instead m8 :)

Would I have to edit the a notepad file similar to what I did for mgcamd? As I'm not too clued up on all of this as literally is my first experience with sky setup.

And the guy who I'm connecting to supplied the details for the mgcamd settings in the var/keys I think it was.

The cam itself works brilliantly, just one channel at a time. lol.

IS this a problem you've come across yourself, or heard of before. As I am reading through pages of threads in this section and am yet to see it.

Tell the guy you connect to to add

<au>on</au>

under your connection details in newcs m8

;)

Would I have to edit the a notepad file similar to what I did for mgcamd? As I'm not too clued up on all of this as literally is my first experience with sky setup.

And the guy who I'm connecting to supplied the details for the mgcamd settings in the var/keys I think it was.

The cam itself works brilliantly, just one channel at a time. lol.

IS this a problem you've come across yourself, or heard of before. As I am reading through pages of threads in this section and am yet to see it.

Ok it sounds like digi has more of an idea about this if your using newcs?

I was just suggesting a different cam as some cams can work better/worse in different situations :)

Ok it sounds like digi has more of an idea about this if your using newcs?

I was just suggesting a different cam as some cams can work better/worse in different situations :)

Think he has more of an idea than most mate, certainly more than me. Havent got to grip with multiple cams just yet and picture wise it is perfect. So was thinking its configured wrong maybe?

Havent got to grip with multiple cams just yet and picture wise it is perfect. So was thinking its configured wrong maybe?

One questions m8

1.Is mgcamd the only cam installed i.e if you scroll left or right when mgcamd is highlighted in the blue buttton cam menu is there any others in there?

One questions m8

1.Is mgcamd the only cam installed i.e if you scroll left or right when mgcamd is highlighted in the blue buttton cam menu is there any others in there?

I think mgcamd is the only real cam installed, in that I dont think the ccam has the relevant files with it although the option is there under the blue button cams menu.

But out of interest and as per your suggestion I did switch to it but then no channels worked.

I have sent a copy of Digidudes advice directly to the guy and awaiting a reply, will let you know if that fixes it. Fingers crossed it does, as just switched the damn thing off now as theres only so many times you can put in the pin and restart cam before it gets real annoying. lol

another thing you could try is open your newcamd.list file located in var/keys, and you will see a line starting with CWS =

copy this entire line into a notepad file

download and install CCcam on the receiver

in your notepad file, delete the CWS = and replace just that bit of the line with N: and save the file

ftp this file to var/etc and rename it CCcam.cfg and restart cccam on the receiver

it is possible that the person you connect to wont allow cccam connections though m8

I have checked with the guy and he has advised he does not allow ccam connections, however I have tried the following no avail.

1) Factory Reset
2) Reintered CWS line in newcamd.list file
3) Uninstalled cams including mgcamd1.35 and reinstalled from UR server

Still none of the above have fixed the problem, I am receiving all the channels and as before all FTA are working. As soon as I switch to a premium channel I have to press blue button, pin, save and restart cam and then it works.

Beside changing the image which is labelled, TM-600-Ur-14-08-10 I am not sure what else to try.

Could it be the image, would reloading the image help at all?

Any more advice would be great, and thanks to every one for your ideas I'll keep trying until its resolved somehow.

As a last resort, I have reinstalled the image via the TM loader. DBEdit across the bouquets. Installed cams, uninstalled and reinstalled cam and still same problem. FTA work fine, but have to save and restart cam each time I change a premium channel.

Have made a new newcamd.list file aswell as put in an updated mg_cfg file as provided by the guy at the other end and still no luck.

Wiz, Digi what else can I try. As have run out of ideas, are there any other stable images I can try?

Also besides the CWS line, which starts CWS = in the newcamd.list file is there any other information that should be there which would advise the cam to keep the settings whilst channels are being changed or anywhere else an entry should exist?

Its 5am so I have officially given up for tonight.

if you want to PM me the contents of your newcamd.list file (hash out the server address) ill take a look for you m8

Wiz, Digi what else can I try. As have run out of ideas, are there any other stable images I can try?

I will have to leave it to the master on this one m8 as I use CCcam but digi uses newcs I am almost sure ;)

I will have to leave it to the master on this one m8 as I use CCcam but digi uses newcs I am almost sure ;)

Well if he cant come up with the answer, the TM600 is going up for sale mate as simply put have had enough and am ready to give up on this one and go over to the dreambox side and hopefully have more luck there.

To be honest, the guy helping me at the server end is absolutely brilliant and is spending hours and hours trying to resolve this with me but just makes little sense at the moment.

Should get him to be a member of the forum also, as he does know a hell of a lot and is very helpful to whoever needs it, similar to yourself and Sir Digi.

ive PMd you back with something to try m8, dod you ask the guy if he has AU under your user details on the server side?

<au>on</au>

also, ask him if he has this under the device details for the card reader

<autosid>Yes</autosid>

and reverse login enabled?

Last edited:
ive PMd you back with something to try m8, dod you ask the guy if he has AU under your user details on the server side?

<au>on</au>

also, ask him if he has this under the device details for the card reader

<autosid>Yes</autosid>

and reverse login enabled?

I did ask him about the AU and he said everything was fine at his end, will send him a copy of your post here and ask him to double check.

Its all making no sense at the moment, lets just see what tomorrow brings. As I'm all burnt out for trying at the moment as dont think theres anything left to try.

On the plus side the guy who I bought it off has offered a full refund, if it is a fault. But to me it clearly looks like a software issue somewhere, and if we've done everything we can at this end it must be at his end...well thats what I think but I may be wrong and that wouldnt be the first time lol.

Its all making no sense at the moment, lets just see what tomorrow brings. As I'm all burnt out for trying at the moment as dont think theres anything left to try....

imranrasool,

When you go from a fta to crypted channel (where your having a problem).

Have you checked:

Using the "info button" are you getting the correct PID for the channel you sellected ?, before resetting the cam.

and

Going to satellites/current transponder. Does it make a difference if you change channels within the current TP, or do you sill have to restart the cam to get correct channel.

The reason I ask, is that D+ on 30w is driving me nuts with this problem.

imranrasool,

When you go from a fta to crypted channel (where your having a problem).

Have you checked:

Using the "info button" are you getting the correct PID for the channel you sellected ?, before resetting the cam.

and

Going to satellites/current transponder. Does it make a difference if you change channels within the current TP, or do you sill have to restart the cam to get correct channel.

The reason I ask, is that D+ on 30w is driving me nuts with this problem.

Unsure at the moment mate, but will hook it all back up tonight and have a nother check and let you know.

As far as I can tell I could not get two premium channels whether from the same TP and different to work once switching over.

Have been given a few more ideas to try, so will try and report back.

Unsure at the moment mate, but will hook it all back up tonight and have a nother check and let you know.

As far as I can tell I could not get two premium channels whether from the same TP and different to work once switching over.

Have been given a few more ideas to try, so will try and report back.

Okay guys heres an update.

Things tried:

1. Full factory reset
2. Reloaded image
3. Redownloaded cams with various suggested adjustments to the cfg and cws line.
4. Tried different cams
5. Connected to two different servers
6. Uploaded custom drw firmware to dlink router
7. Changed router to netgear router and removed dns and ip restrictions
8. Changed homeplugs
9. Installed new dish and wf100 wiring to try second connection
10. Tried every combination of the above
11. Confirmed cws lines are working by trying on a friends receiver and confirmed problem is not at server end

CONCLUSION: the receiver is faulty and have returned. Going to test a friends receiver and now take it from there.

Initial feedback seems to be the onboard Ram may have been faulty and was unable to maintain an active cam after restarting each time..... Only time will tell.

POSITIVE: almost a pro with tms lol. Not really but hace gone from a complete novice to very competent.

BIG THANKS to digidude and wiz and everyone else who helped

Back