with the recent heavy snow in the last couple of days
has anyone pranged thier car or anyone who got pranged
by someone else,i came close to pranging my car but luckily
i ended up inches from a wall,also will the insurance payout
if you got pranged by the third party or will it be classed as
an act of god or mother nature

Pranged ?

What is that.

I got hit by a bus today just slightlyv(more of a nudge), done nothing to my transit and I just drove off.

Not sure what pranged means but my van was all over the place at times and just had to take it slow... it was sliding around roundabouts.

Mickie

Re: have you pranged your car in the recent heavy snow

Pranged to crash or damage your car but not right off, words been around for years

lol I thought pranged was a commonly used word, is it a regional thing then or sommat?

Nope! Can't believe Mickey has never heard of it TBH...? :Fish:

;)

im not posh,ok for them who dont know the word pranged il rephrase
it,bumped your car

@ mickie

Noun

Singular
prang

Plural
prangs

prang (plural prangs)

1. (slang) An aeroplane crash.
2. (New Zealand, British, informal) An accident involving a motor vehicle, typically minor and without casualties.
3. (US, slang) crack cocaine.
4. In Thailand and Cambodia, a type of temple tower: see Wikipedia:prang (architecture).

[edit] Synonyms

* (minor accident involving a motor vehicle): bingle (Australia), collision, crash, fender-bender (US)

[edit] Verb

Infinitive
to prang

Third person singular
prangs

Simple past
pranged

Past participle
pranged

Present participle
pranging

to prang (third-person singular simple present prangs, present participle pranging, simple past and past participle pranged)

1. (intransitive, New Zealand, British, informal) to crash; to have an accident
2. (transitive, New Zealand, British, informal) to have a minor collision with (another motor vehicle)

I have heard young lads say they are prang which I found ment they are paranoid ?

But never heard anyone say they have pranged there car lol... it sounds ridiculous lmao!!!

Mickie

Nope! Can't believe Mickey has never heard of it TBH...? :Fish:

;)

Have you seen him?

product-enlarged.jpg

i drove thru a wall ....hit the brakes and just did not stop
until i was at the other side of a wall , in a neighbours fukkin garden !
not good

Have you seen him?

product-enlarged.jpg

Cor blimey gov'nor, why din't he say so, innit..?

(Sorry for the accent, that's the best I can do, we're brought up proper down here...!) :proud:

;)

Pranged yes has to be a northern word, to me it means hit, nudged, touched but always a vehicle ie a car.

Hes just pranged me car, normally said by a Fookwit, not heard it for years though.

Pranged yes has to be a northern word, to me it means hit, nudged, touched but always a vehicle ie a car.

Hes just pranged me car, normally said by a Fookwit, not heard it for years though.

It's not a northern thing.
nara hit the nail on the head in post #3.

WW2 pilots would describe moderate damage to a "kite" as a "bit of a prang".

Chocks away Ginger.

Here we go again, so do Southerners ie Mickey use it no do you Jocks use it no do us in the North of England use it yes.

naras red hand gang let it go ffs oh yes dont forget the cheers glass:Cheers::Cheers::Cheers:

just got the nod of my insurace company that mines a total loss. i lost control on the 22nd dec when the snow turned to slush on top and was sheet ice under it. 15mph collison totalled my car, i hit the curb sideways on - the wheel ended up under the engine bay (the car just slid sideways down the sharp camber in the road, i was almost stationary before hand, the car just went faster and faster - amost comic thinking back), wishbone completely sheared, and the rest just followed.
im actually totally gutted as i have owned her since new and there was a lot of memorys with that car.

naras red hand gang let it go ffs oh yes dont forget the cheers glass

:err::err::err:

Definitions: prang

noun
  1. Slang for an aircraft crash.
  1. (UK) A car crash without any casualties, typically minor; as in (US) fender-bender. (Believed to have originated in the RAF during WW2).
  2. (US) (slang) crack cocaine.
verb to prang

1. to crash, to have an accident
adjective pranged

1. (UK) (slang) to be paranoid.
SOURCE: allwords.com

I think it should mean CRACK COCAINE lol ... its a stupid word for bumping your car.... sorry notherners I am off to the mayor this afternoon for some TEA and Biscuits PROPPER STYLE for a duscussion about banning it from meaning bumping someone, slight accident, nudge.

So that's that then no more prang talk pmsl!

(joking ;))

Also the further south you go the more cockney the voice is... I would like to believe I have a london accent but its not like them fookwits from south "apples and pears" bow bells bow bells (fook off lol).

If I want to get a curry I say "do you fancy a curry"
If I go out I say "I am going out"
If I want to upstairs I say "I am going up stairs"

There is no apple talk, ruby murry talk, etc, etc. If my pals started talking like that I would ask them very politely what the **** is wrong with you!!!

Mickie

Back