Have I goosed my liteon drive not key related, flash recovery needed?

scooby do

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,

Was updating a liteon 7x drive that I did not have the orig.bin file. The drive was running ix 1.6 so I got the key of the drive and loaded LT 1.1 and saved the CFW. I then wanted to flash to my spare liteon drive (with 800 ripping firmware) to check all was fine. During the flashing process the PC I was using hung during the 3rd write bank. Tried liteon erase and the correct status did not come back. Now I cannot see the drive status or flash chip properties. Almost like the drive now no longer realises it is a DVD drive I think I may have a completely blank/corrupted flash chip. Obviously the original drive is ok but I would like to get my spare drive back. Can I do a hotswap or something? Or does anyone have a spare PCB from a broken laser, drive motor one.

Cheers

Will dig my via card out and give iprep a whirl (havent used that for quite some time). Have tried all options in JF and even tried hot swapping but no cigar.

Thanks and will report back when sorted.

dosflash or dosflash32 for windows will erase and flash ya goosed lite-on back to life with ya custome fw you have created ... had to use it the other day to recover a drive for someone who tried them selfes without reading up and got the via pc freez

Stuggling with this a little bit. Have created the bootable usb using IPREP 12.x on xbins. This doesnt seem to copy over the firmware to the USB. Found another IPREP 10.1 that does but this was not bootable. Created a hybrid of the to by adding/removing the bootable files. But still no joy. I am correct in saying that I need the drivers installed within windows for my via card for when it created the bootable drive? Just had a google around and as lambs_neck says the dosflash looks good with the lo-erase. Drive is in work so cannot try it now.

Got it back from the death. IPrep created with dosflash 1.8 on it as well (manually copied over). I then put a hitachi drive onto the sata port and run dosflash this then reconised the drive. Selected the relavant drive via numerical input. I then hotswapped the drive and run dosflash liteon e this then erased the drive (had previously tried this without hotswap but didnt work). Once this finished just followed the flash was detected although still it said non ATAPI but this doesnt matter as we are then able to flash normally.

Thanks for suggestions

Back