Have i Come to the right place ???Need some help with a spiderbox 9000hd

rocky9123

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all,

Before i start ramberling on the first time i ever heard of a Spiderbox was just under a week ago.

Ok so i just moved house .befored we moved in i noticed there was no out door aerial only the biggest dish ever seen to man attached to the back of the house .The previous owners explained that they could not get a good picture so they had got this box that was great and they pick up telly all round the world .I really didnt care to much i was just thinking how much is this all gonna got me to get that dish down and sky put in ........Anyway.........moving house cost me far more than expected .When We moved in they left this box called a spiderbox 9000hd or hd9000.So pluged it all in and to the satalite lead and got nothing and i have no instruction on how this thing works all i know that when i press buttons on the remote i can hear that dish moving sounding like its looking for life on other planets .OK the week is going on and im not getting any happier i only have internet on my phone aswell so i go get a wifi thing from 3g so least my laptop is on ......i search the web and read so much about the spiderbox and didnt understand a word of it ....so i found a youTube vid and just follewd it and finnaly got some telly but its all forien stuff and loads of channels that say scrambled and there the good ones and some of the freeview channels dont work as well .Pleeeeeeeeeeeese someone help me set up this box so i can get all my freeview channels working and in order any of the other channels would be great to dont really want all the forien ones .many thanks

Hi all,

Before i start ramberling on the first time i ever heard of a Spiderbox was just under a week ago.

Ok so i just moved house .befored we moved in i noticed there was no out door aerial only the biggest dish ever seen to man attached to the back of the house .The previous owners explained that they could not get a good picture so they had got this box that was great and they pick up telly all round the world .I really didnt care to much i was just thinking how much is this all gonna got me to get that dish down and sky put in ........Anyway.........moving house cost me far more than expected .When We moved in they left this box called a spiderbox 9000hd or hd9000.So pluged it all in and to the satalite lead and got nothing and i have no instruction on how this thing works all i know that when i press buttons on the remote i can hear that dish moving sounding like its looking for life on other planets .OK the week is going on and im not getting any happier i only have internet on my phone aswell so i go get a wifi thing from 3g so least my laptop is on ......i search the web and read so much about the spiderbox and didnt understand a word of it ....so i found a youTube vid and just follewd it and finnaly got some telly but its all forien stuff and loads of channels that say scrambled and there the good ones and some of the freeview channels dont work as well .Pleeeeeeeeeeeese someone help me set up this box so i can get all my freeview channels working and in order any of the other channels would be great to dont really want all the forien ones .many thanks

Could not be easier, ok you have a lot to learn but for now press the sat button on the remote. You should see a list of satellites that have been scanned into the receiver, look for Astra2 28.2e and press ok. You now have the equivalent (actually better) of Freesat.
Check that out and we can then go further.

By the way you have a really good receiver in the Spiderbox 9000HD (I have one my self), cant imagine why the previous owners left it behind!!

Thanks for getting to me .Ok i have done that and see loads of channels what looks good but most dont work and channel five does not work.Most of the channels have $ signs next to them even the freeview ones .Many thanks for your help .

Thanks for getting to me .Ok i have done that and see loads of channels what looks good but most dont work and channel five does not work.Most of the channels have $ signs next to them even the freeview ones .Many thanks for your help .

Ok your off to a good start you have the BBC and ITV channels working. Now I must explain that unless you have previous experience your not going to master your 9000 in 1 day so next can you tell me which firmware you have installed to find out press menu, press the right arrow key to find Utility, go down to system information and press ok. Read out the Last Update date.
We can go on from there.

See the PM I sent you, click on Notifications top right of screen.

Last edited:
Back