Has 911 changed the way that we look at people?

Has 911 changed our view of other cultures

• YES

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • NO

Votes: 10 45.5%

• Total voters

hessa

Inactive User
Reaction score
I was wondering has 911 changed the way that we view others?

Do you see people as dangerous because of their ethnicity?

I was wondering has 911 changed the way that we view others?

Do you see people as dangerous because of their ethnicity?

not as individuals, but when groups decide to kill innocent people and do so in the name of their religion or nationality, then innocent people sharing the same faith will be treated differently.

They have no-one to blame but the people who are blowing up buses, trains, buildings etc.

good point but dont you think that a minority is causing this, the majority of the Muslim community are peaceful and dont condone this level of violence. My concern is that the youth of today decide to use this as a spur for more racial violence.

good point but dont you think that a minority is causing this, the majority of the Muslim community are peaceful and dont condone this level of violence. My concern is that the youth of today decide to use this as a spur for more racial violence.

well that line of thinking can be applied to any situation.

The majority of gun owners in the US have probably never shot anyone in their life. It's the minority who shoot people in the street for no reason, who shoot up schools because they were bored with their life etc.

Why do they shoot people? Because they have the weapons. Why do they own weapons? Because they have the right to "bear arms". Regardless of the type of person owning a weapon, they all share the same mentality.

yes I agree, so take away the right to bear arms???

seeing as 911 was political not religious then my view of other religions and nationalities has not changed.
how can a government murder so many of its own in this day and age and not have to answer to anyone.
The facts are there but not enough people want to see them.

Would this not be better as a poll in General Chat? It's a sensible discussion rather than a rant.

yes I agree, so take away the right to bear arms???

That's not for me to decide. I haven't been in the position to see both sides of the story. Saying that, I think there's as much chance of that happening as there is a chance of all religions being banned.

No.....not in the slightest.
A terrorist is a terrorist in my eyes regardless of political or religious objectives.
I certainly dont blame whole sections of people because of the actions of a minority.

Now that would really make for a sad, sad world!

That maybe the case , but with all the stuff going on these days ,according to the news ,people have lived with ,or known people all there lives ,and they turn out to be terrorist ,or a perve or whatever !

And lets be honest ,the world is fast becoming a sad place !

That maybe the case , but with all the stuff going on these days ,according to the news ,people have lived with ,or known people all there lives ,and they turn out to be terrorist ,or a perve or whatever !

And lets be honest ,the world is fast becoming a sad place !

Let's not take a few - a very few - cases and apply them to everyone!

There have always been bad people and bad things going on - it doesn't make everyone or everything bad.

Let's not take a few - a very few - cases and apply them to everyone!

There have always been bad people and bad things going on - it doesn't make everyone or everything bad.

True , but be cautious !

i have voted yes to this!!!!!! altho maybe for the reason. i would say that the actual act of terrorism did not change the way i perceve people but seeing the reaction of some countrys and quarters of this country to the acts HAS.

I selected no because ive always been dubious of other cultures isnt it true that people are scared of things that they dont understand and before 9/11 we all new it was comming to much conflict has been going on for years
now look whats going on in korea whats next ???????

Back