'Happy-splashing' driver facing charges

snapman

VIP Member
Staff member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The art of driving through a puddle and splashing pedestrians is nothing new -- we're sure mammoths were running through puddles at high speed to splash cavemen even before the invention of the wheel -- but filming it and posting it to YouTube is.

But now drivers have been warned they could face criminal charges for carrying out a drive-by-drenching.

Kerry Callard, 29, was recently caught after soaking a group of kids at a bus stop in Plymouth, Devon, and uploading the footage to the web.

The clip, called 'drowning school kids' was filmed by her partner who provided a running commentary from the passenger seat including the insightful observation "That was brilliant! Awesome!"

Shortly after the video 'drowning school kids' was posted to YouTube and Facebook, complaints were made to police and the clip was pulled. It must have been quick because it had only amassed 500 views, and this was YouTube gold. (It has since been uploaded again -- watch it via YouTube below.)

Callard was then quizzed by police and despite her claims that the kids asked to be splashed, she has been warned that officers are considering a charge of reckless driving... or they will do, when they stop laughing.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDNagsBrhH4"]Happy Splashing Video[/ame]

Source

I like the youtube reply,

sodinheaven said:
(2 minutes ago)

If you would have done that to my kids i would have tracked you down burned you to death you fucking slut. in fact i think i will anyway. see you soon............

Dirty rotten fuckers. I like the guys attitude to hunt them down and burn them, then maybe do the same to them to put the flames out.

I just dont understand people at times.

When I was younger I did that all the time:proud:

I have got a few people unintentionally .... mainly because the roads and drains around here are so under maintained ! its like driving through a ford all the time !
Down main road next to me, there are speed humps (square, single lane ones) with keep left bollards on traffic islands.... so you have to go over the hump.... these are fitted badly and have sunk a little thus forming puddles... so have little choice to go over them, most the bus stops are either just before or just after these humps so you end up getting people waiting next to the road... even slowing down gets them :(

Going at the speed and the size of the puddle that care could of very easily aquaplaned, would of pulled the car violently to the left into a wall.

I dont know wether to find this funny or abuse the driver.. i normaly spot puddles before cars and move over..

But this puddle was a monster and anyone near it wouldnt have a chance. when i saw it on tv i couldnt look..

Driver will proberly get in more trouble than a murderer..

We all know the drag that occurs when driving through water; the car lurches toward the puddle and you have to fight with the steering wheel to keep the car straight.

So what does this idiot of a woman do? She speeds up, and aims for it, at a bus stop full of kids waiting to go to school.

She is a twat. Perhaps she might realise the error of her ways and kill herself.

(Sorry, that reply was meant for youtube :p)

They are definitely top class tw@s for speeding up to soak the people at the bus stop, they should have slowed right down.

In my opinion the morons who swerve to avoid puddles are even worse! Number of pricks that have nearly hit me head on to stop the bottom of their car getting wet is unbelievable.

Back