Cardiff Hit And Run Crashes: Woman Killed

digidude

Sheep worrier.
VIP Member
Reaction score
WTF is wrong with some people, driving around purposley mowing down people and kids on their way home from school, me and the kids were driving through this area at 3:45 and were wondering why there was so many police and ambulances flying in so many different directions

Cardiff Hit And Run Crashes: Woman Killed

A woman has been killed and 11 others injured - including seven children - in a series of hit and run crashes in Cardiff.

The woman was named locally as 32-year-old mother Karina Menzies, who died after she was knocked down outside a fire station in the Welsh capital.

Police have arrested a 31-year-old man in the wake of the collisions, which occurred at six different locations in the Ely and Leckwith areas.

Superintendent Julian Williams from South Wales Police said the man was arrested while driving a white flat-bed truck.

Sky News sources say the truck is an Iveco transit van.

The man remains in custody at Cardiff Bay police station on suspicion of murder.

Reports suggested that the driver at the centre of the collisions targeted pedestrians deliberately.
Map of Cardiff 'hit and run' car accidents Police were called to a number of locations in Cardiff

Ramesh Patel, who runs RM Patel Convenience Stores on Cowbridge Road West, said: "I was in the shop working at the time so I didn't actually see anything but customers have said a white van purposely drove at people."

"Obviously, when someone tries to run you down deliberately that is frightening, not pleasant at all.

"I was working here in the store so I didn't see that myself but that is what most people who have come in here have said. People seem very shocked."

Supt Williams said: "Whether the actions were deliberate or reckless is a matter for the inquiry and the person will obviously be spoken to."

He said the fatality occurred at Cowbridge Road West, outside the fire station.

Family members of the deceased woman have been informed.

"Our thoughts are obviously with her family. Our family liaison officers are with the family at the moment," Supt Williams said.

Those injured - including seven children and four adults - have been taken to the city's University Hospital of Wales.

Their condition remains unknown.

The hospital's accident and emergency department was only dealing with those injured in the crashes, and it was closed to other admissions.

more details and eyewitness account

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...account-from-asda-at-leckwith-91466-32067910/

Last edited:
Some people need there bloody head testing seriously i hope they recover the ones who survived and i hope the bugger gets a bloody long sentence.

He probably get off because the police fail to read him his human rights.

We need to start putting them down again !!!!
I don't care what the PC crowd say until we bring back the death penalty the nutters will continue to kill the innocent because they know there is no deterent.
This arsehole will be back on the streets in no time at all, the police have done their job and arrested him but the courts will no doubt frustrate and waste the efforts of the police.
The next time it could be you or me or one of our family...........is that justice for the poor lady who has been killed.
The Government, the CPS and the Judges need to man up and give us Justice !!!

arnt the judges ruled by the E.U ? on how long they get ... and am just asking b4 any 1 say's anythink

I don't think it is ruled by the EU but the Judges do have a recommended sentence and maximum term set for most crimes.
However, very few dish out the maximum terms. So a Life Term sentence can then be given with a recommendation that it will be a least 11 years....................Life...11 years ??????
With good behaviour and all sorts of other things taken into account they could be out in 5 to 6 years.
I am sorry but Life should mean Life and a 5 year sentence should mean 5 years not 18 months as so very often happens.
The guy who murdered the 2 Manchester Police women was on bail for attempted murder when he killed them, if our Judicial System had not been so weak he would not have been on the streets and able to commit that crime. The Police do their job and then have it undone by the CPS and Magistrates and Judges.

Back