Halloween

miggy

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought it was supposed to be Halloween last night. Can someone please explain what it has to do with Bonfire night?. Fecking fireworks were going off all night around here. :(

I thought it was supposed to be Halloween last night. Can someone please explain what it has to do with Bonfire night?. Fecking fireworks were going off all night around here. :(

no trick-or-treat but a lot off fireworks around here for me

halloween-masker-1A.gif

Originating in pagan times, many rituals associated with All Hallows' Eve have been transferred to Bonfire Night

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Perhaps modern day Witches were never burnt at the stake for there evil doings. They were blown up by a rocket up there arse. I blame that cnut Fawkes for all this. :(

In my opinion fireworks should be banned for sale to private individuals and only be sold to authorised displays. They are far too dangerous in the wrong hands.

Here in Spain Halloween is a major fiesta with all the kids and many adults dressing-up and partying in the street late into the night, no fireworks in sight!

In my opinion fireworks should be banned for sale to private individuals and only be sold to authorised displays. They are far too dangerous in the wrong hands.

Here in Spain Halloween is a major fiesta with all the kids and many adults dressing-up and partying in the street late into the night, no fireworks in sight!

That is the proper way of celebrating m8. I love Spain you have made me jealous now.Can I come to your party next year?. :)

Many fiestas and Saints Day's that are celebrated in many of the towns and villages in Spain used to have huge fireworks displays and fire-crackers in the streets when I worked out there in the late 80's and early 90's.

Probably also something to do with this weekend and next weekend being either side of the 5th so displays need to get in when they can

As soon as the fireworks go on sale people set them off, you'll be hearing the damn things for weeks after bonfire night too!

Probably also something to do with this weekend and next weekend being either side of the 5th so displays need to get in when they can

Weekends shouldn't have anything to do it. When I was young(careful miggy!), and even when my kids were young, fireworks were for 5th November only, no matter what day of the week it was.

Yeah but we've adopted the Julian calendar since then mate ;)

I wish they'd ban the things full stop. Never liked them as a kid, never liked standing in the rain at displays with my kids, and still don't like the fookers now

Yeah but we've adopted the Julian calendar since then mate ;)

I wish they'd ban the things full stop. Never liked them as a kid, never liked standing in the rain at displays with my kids, and still don't like the fookers now

I get what you're saying, but I wouldn't ban them. I'd ban sales to the general public and restrict them to licenced fireworks events.

Fireworks should be about showmanship and display, not about a succession of progressively louder earsplitting bangs, which seems to be the aim of most private displays nowadays. Not at all nice for young kids and animals.

Taken from UK .gov web site

Using fireworks

"The law says you must not set off or throw fireworks (including sparklers) in the street or other public places.

You must not set off fireworks between 11pm and 7am. The exceptions are:

##Bonfire Night, when the cut off is midnight
##New Year’s Eve, Diwali and Chinese New Year, when the cut off is 1am

Buying fireworks

You can only buy fireworks (including sparklers) from registered sellers for private use on these dates:

##15 October to 10 November
##26 to 31 December
##3 days before Diwali and Chinese New Year

At other times you can only buy fireworks from licensed shops.

I am of the ban fireworks except for organised display crowd. We get nothing else but fireworks from pub closing time from the week before Nov 5th to well after then again at Christmas and New Year and weddings and christenings and any other occasion. In back gardens mostly but they do get to street level also. Never a copper in sight even though most of trouble comes from the rugby club over the road.

Why should we celebrate a thug trying to blow up the houses of parliament I do not know the festival if you can call it that, should be dropped from the calendar.

Yes call me a fuddy-duddy but I have a dog that is terrified to the core with all the inconsiderate deafening bangs.

We should have the right to buy fireworks any time of the year and blow a small part of this land up.There great, more noise the better. Why go to some organised over priced displey when you can and should do it @ home.

We should have the right to buy fireworks any time of the year and blow a small part of this land up.They're great, more noise the better. Why go to some organised over priced displey when you can and should do it @ home.

Makes you wonder, doesn't it?

We should have the right to buy fireworks any time of the year and blow a small part of this land up.There great, more noise the better. Why go to some organised over priced displey when you can and should do it @ home.

And pish all the neighbours off with your persistent noise. Lovely. :( If it was up to me I would ban the feckers and give some of the small minded people (not you personaly )something else to play with with less noise and do us all a favour.

Back