Halal Subway

ffs every post i read on here is a dig at each other and its getting tedious now ffs were all the same black hite yellow orwateverffs lets get on on this forum any stupid comments now wil be deleted by me personally be warned i will start with this thread prune out the shite comments

Sorry Jimmy, but was that meant for me or did it just happen to be posted after mine...I aint had a dig at anyone.

Sorry Jimmy, but was that meant for me or did it just happen to be posted after mine...I aint had a dig at anyone.

no jaffa it aimed at anyone mate and no need to apologize mate its all the posts regarding terrorism and all that shite i have now pruned them to keep it on track the thread

@ our asian members do any of you have some good recipes for making curries and especially the mint sauce used with onion bhajee's please love totry and make a good curry myself

@ our asian members do any of you have some good recipes for making curries and especially the mint sauce used with onion bhajee's please love totry and make a good curry myself

off topic lol

but ill ask my mum for the recipe for mint sauce

Cheers m8. Thought i had offended someone with my dull sense of humour....lol
When it's sense of humor we all can laugh at one another and that is the way it should be.
You can always have a laugh with me m8.

recipes like that are a well kept secret. My mom will not tell me her official recipe but i know its only got yoghurt, green chillis, dried mint leaves, and salt. If you blitz the dry stuff up with a little of the yoghurt then add the rest of the yoghurt and mix with a spoon. if you experiment with it a little bit you will find one to your taste.

Happy tasting!!

Hey thats a good idea....

How about we do some recipie swapping, not much to swap on the brittish menu front, but we do have a big mix of races.

I love a good curry or south asian food.

Some of you guys must have some good recipes....I know I am digressing now and I have slapped my wristies!;)

Would some one tell me how or were to get "jerk sauce" from please

taste beautiful in a grilled burger

Edit: just found it,

Makes 2 Cups

JERKING is actually a method of cooking in Jamaica. Typically chicken, pork roast, or cuts of goat are marinated in jerk seasoning—either dry spices or a wet marinade like this recipe—then roasted in a pit or grilled slowly over wood coals. Scotch Bonnet peppers are some of the hottest chili peppers in the world. You may substitute jalapenos instead. The best flavor for this jerk recipe is from whole allspice berries, which are also called pimientos in Jamaica. Whole allspice berries may be ground in a coffee mill or you may use ground allspice powder.

• 1 Scotch bonnet or jalapeno pepper, halved and seeded
• 4 scallions, sliced into 2-inch lengths
• 3 cloves garlic, peeled (1 1/2 teaspoons)
• 3 tablespoons freshly grated ginger (1 2-inch piece)
• 4 sprigs fresh thyme, minced
• 1 tablespoon whole allspice berries, ground in a coffee mill, or 2 teaspoons dried
• Juice of 2 limes
• 1/2 cup ketchup
• 1/2 cup pineapple juice or tomato juice

In the bowl of a food processor or in a blender, process the Scotch Bonnet pepper, scallions, garlic, ginger, and thyme leaves until finely ground. Add the allspice, lime juice, ketchup, and pineapple juice and puree the mixture for 30 seconds, until well combined.

Recipe Bonus: Keep a batch of jerk sauce in your refrigerator; it will keep for up to a month. You may use it to baste everything from tofu chunks to poultry, seafood, or red meat while roasting or barbecuing. Its especially good when you marinate chicken, roast pork, or thick slices of tofu overnight. Grill, roast, or broil the following day. Serve with additional sauce for dipping.

Last edited:
there we go see we can all get along like a happy family lol more recipes please dont be tight lol

@Jimmyp.
Jimmy to make a good curry Finely chop a couple of large onions and fry them gently till there soft. I then use the blitzer to blitz them up.
I add half a jar of curry paste and some tomato puree.
Add some stock (Chicken stock cube and water) That makes up a good curry sauce. You can use a bit of sugar to sweeten it a bit. I usualy taste it as i go along. You can also add chillies if you like it hotter and i sometimes use a bit of cream. You can then add some browned meat or chicken and slowly cook it.
You can also add some fresh corriander near nearthe end of cooking.
Try experimenting m8 its great fun. But most curries start from a basic onion gravy.

i wounder if subways will make a halal bacon sandwich..

lol there is no such thing as a halal bacon sandwich m8, as bacon comes from a pig and muslims are not allowed to eat pig at all.

As for a recipe for mint sauce, i make it by getting some mint leave and grinding them, then add some greek yoghurt and add some salt according to ur taste buds

So far as Subway go I wouldnt touch them with a foot long sandwich

now that was funny,you made me laff munkey

What about the bacon? I loves me chicken bacon ranch!

Is it likely that the halal meat kept in a different prep area to avoid cross contamination with the pork products? or will most Muslims not be that bothered?

There is a simple and effective way around the bacon problem. They substitute all the pig meat products for turkey meat. You have all heard of turkey ham right, well the same principle applies, and since turkey can be made halal problem solved.

This also solves the problem of seperating the meat as all the products will be halal.

Thanks for the mention of Halal Subway in Glasgow it seems the Halal Subway in london will be the first in England not the UK

Back