hacked live account, raped xbox account, paypal and bank

digidude

Sheep worrier.
VIP Member
Reaction score
i had an email at dinner time, you have added a new email to your live account, click here to authorise it, or here if you didnt add this email, it was from live, so i click the 'i didnt add this' then have to login, checked it WAS the live site, told my passwords wrong, tried again, then another email, youve bought 5000 microsoft points, then a paypal invoice for £42.50 for them, then more emails, and more invoices

some tw@ has managed to clean out the little that was in the bank via fukin xbox live

now what i cant work out, is HOW they actually managed to add their email address in the first place, as my actual email address isnt listed with ANY form of live account

my passwords are so random that even i dont know what they are, i use a word, they typr the letters either next to, above, below, the word im typing, for example dog ends up as e9t

my security question answers are written in the same way, so not only does someone need to know the answer to the question, they also need to know how I actually type it

everything ive ever used on my xbox has been a pre paid card, and the one time i did try and use paypal for xbox, it failed, so i removed it

now, a few weeks ago, i did buy pre paid live accounts, and this is the ONLY way that my xbox account could possibly be linked to my paypal account and my email address

but i still cant work out how someone was able to add themselfs to my account, then get xbox live points, off my paypal, into their xbox

any ideas??

ive spoken to M$ who have started an investiagtion, paypal have severed all links between my account and M$, and i have to wait for the bank transfers to show on monday before the bank can do anything about it

but what a fkin pain in the ar$e

This happened to my few months back, spoke to Bank who were useless, spoke to PayPal who within 24 hours got money back, Microsoft suspended my Live Account until they investigated it.

Hope you get it sorted mate

Id blame XBox and pester the tw@ts till the pay it back and or paypal should refund it anyway.

Usenext took £103 out of mine last month and paypal refunded is.

looks like it time l started checking my bank statements

How scary is that! There's either a vulnerability in live itself a game or it's an inside job! Really hope it all gets sorted mate!

i had mine done a few weeks ago never played fifa but got 2400points stolen micro banned me for 2 weeks investigated and then refunded my points and live

ive never played fifa, and the kids only play CoD on it, so god knows how it was done

ive had an email from M$ this morning saying theyre now in control of my live account and my xbox profile while they investiagte it

what i cant work out though, is how someone could add their hotmail email to my live account, then take it over without it being 'authorised' then use a paypal account that was removed from my M$ account to add points onto their account, theres a link missing somewhere that i cannot work out

its all over the net yet ms refuse to admit theres a problem, have you played fifa by any chance? google ms and fifa and i bet you come up with hundreds of results similar to yours.

ive just had an email from EA games, welcoming me to FIFA 12, apparently ive got the game, ive bought numerous addon packs for it, premiere packs, gold packs, and they hope ill really enjoy the experience

EA games, im fukin loving it

cnuts

ive just had an email from EA games, welcoming me to FIFA 12, apparently ive got the game, ive bought numerous addon packs for it, premiere packs, gold packs, and they hope ill really enjoy the experience

EA games, im fukin loving it

cnuts

classic EA. full of shite

Something like this happened to me, however I do not use the Xbox on the Internet. The only thing I use is the PC and therefore Games for Windows Live on some PC games. I was hacked but the stupid cnut got 2000 points and put it on my account! I only noticed as it came off my credit card. Microsoft investigated it and it took them months as they kept asking for my Xbox serial number, they didnt understand that I never use the Xbox connected.

They took control and refunded the money. Seems to me its easy to deny it give the money back and no good will gesture like PSN did.

I advise anyone never eve leave you credit card or paypal details on your xboxlive account, use pre paid cards,

DIGI

Use paypal as your default payment method then remove your credit/debit cards from XBL.

Then remove your cards and bank account from paypal, That way Xbl dont have anything.

Sorry to hear it happened, has anyone in your house entered an xbl password into a phishing site???

Last edited:
no m8, they only managed to get at my money as there was paypal details on my xbox live account from a failed 'link' between the 2 from when i saw an offer for 6 months live for the price of one if you used paypal on my xbox dashboard, tried numerous times to get the offer, but it failed, so in the end i used a prepaid card (like ive always done in the past)

somehow though, the person who did this, did it through an EA games profile, which it looks like my boy had set up on one of my games on my gamertag. they used this profile, which was linked to my xbox, to buy game credits and points for FIFA12, which EA games billed via xbox live, which then decides the old redundand paypal link now works, and when the paypal money ran out, paypal started taking direct from my bank to fund it

so far ive had refunds of £8.50, a few £17 and one £42.50, they apparently investigate each transaction seperatley, but im slowly getting the money back

this has happened to me just yesterday received an email saying you have purchased 6000 ms point then after that with in min your transfer to blah blah as been done straight on the phone to ms and yeh had used an old linked paypal so waiting now but got a 13 year old sat here throwing tantrums as he now not able to go on live since it was a family account

Back