guinea pig dying.

my cat went missing last year, had her for 18 months, theres a BIG owl that stalks round here at nights, and a LOT of small pets, especially cats, have vanished without a trace over the last year

Forget the owl, check out the local chinky

cheers for all you kind words lads. we should all have a group hug.lol

I'm not sure this is a wind up, we are talking about a rat, go buy a box of kleenex,download a copy of the song Ben and weep until your heart is content, sad very sad

I'm not sure this is a wind up, we are talking about a rat, go buy a box of kleenex,download a copy of the song Ben and weep until your heart is content, sad very sad

I dont know why you bother posting in threads like this. People are sick listening to your pish so give us all a break mate and do one. If you have nothing constructive to say in a post then dont bother.
Believe it or not some people get attatched to pets and some people have feelings. You obviously dont or maybe you do and your just a sad little man who likes to try and get attention from all the shite you post. Stick to boiler posts emerald .

I dont know why you bother posting in threads like this. People are sick listening to your pish so give us all a break mate and do one. If you have nothing constructive to say in a post then dont bother.
Believe it or not some people get attatched to pets and some people have feelings. You obviously dont or maybe you do and your just a sad little man who likes to try and get attention from all the shite you post. Stick to boiler posts emerald .

It's a wind-up ffs can you not see it, had he said his daughter was upset then fair enough, but a grown man howling on a forum about a rat, then asking everyone for a "group hug lol"

people get attached to pets mate, its laughable to someone else, but just recently my cat I'd had for 10 years was put to sleep and I cried like a baby lol. Still miss her!

A grown man can howl and cry about a lost pet I can assure you. I still do on occasion when I think of our little dog Izzy who was just under 5 when she suddenly started looking down and the vet diagnosed her with a phantom pregnancy. The next day a second vet gave her an anti-inflamatory injection and she perked up but her eyes kept going side to side.

The next day the misses took her to another vet while I drove to Paris for work. That vet booked and MRI for the following day - that night she collapsed. She was rushed to Animal Health Trust in Newmarket by my parents and wife. I got told by vet the next morning not to come home as we are a long way off from having to make any decisions about whats best - I got the phone call from Sue at 2am the very next morning. She was in tears of course. I jumped straight in the car and drove home. Got home, drove to Newmarket and that's when I saw "real grief" for the first time. My misses was hysterical asking if there hadn't been a mistake and if the vets couldn't give her something to wake her up. That did me.

The strange thing is I was never really attached to Izzy, or at least I though. I had to drive back to paris the same day and the next day I had to do a sound check. I spent 40 minutes in the commentary booth sobbing before being able to do it.

I now have Izzy in a little box and have learned that Sammy (10) has got Cushings Disease and needs to be on tablets for the rest of her life. My mothers dogs had cushings ten years ago and lasted probably a year on the tablets before dying of kidney failure. You can imagine what my trip to bulgaria was like last week when I had quiet moments to think. Things have progressed since then but that thought of having her in another box on the side is not a nice one and nor is the thought of her sister poppy being left alone.

For some Pets are not pets - they are members of the family. For me and sue they are our kids. So yes grown men do cry. We still get on with life but don't for one minute try to make a funny out of it.

Sorry to hear your losses guys

sorry to hear about your losses guys, its hard when a pet dies, no matter what kind of animal it is, like others have said they are part of the family and a very sad day when you realise there no longer with you!

Really sorry for your losses guys . Losing a pet IS losing a loved one.
I consider my dogs pinnacle of my family , being without them even on a small business trip is painful !
i couldnt bear to think what i would be like if i lost any of them .
doesnt matter if its dog,cat , guinea pig , reptile whatever , its all the same.
RIP

Back