guinea pig dying.

phezo

DW Member ++
Reaction score
for the last 3 days my guinea pig has been very lethargic, not eating or drinking, feels cold. tonight his breathing is laboured
and hes making noises about every 5 mins as ifs hes in pain. hes not that old. my other guinea pig whos a lot older has a massive tumour and was basically told it would be lucky to last till christmas. its as happy as larry. i reckon the wee bloke could be gone before i get up for work.:'(

sad when pets die. Domestic piggies can live up to 8 years old but they are quite susceptible to tumours and respiratory infections.

Are you going to get a chance to take him to the vet ?

Might be best to put it out of its misery then? not my call just saying, had to make the same decision with my cat not long ago.

Last edited:
Frankley there is nothing ye can do for them. I had to of them. Years ago now the one lived up to 6 and the other 7
a real shame when they do go.

Fb.

EDIT hope ye have a bit of luck with it mate.

for the last 3 days my guinea pig has been very lethargic, not eating or drinking, feels cold. tonight his breathing is laboured
and hes making noises about every 5 mins as ifs hes in pain. hes not that old.

Have you taken it to the vet in the 3 days its been ill mate ?

the wee mans gone. had him in a basket at the side of my bed, put the light on about 5 this morning and he was away.:rip:
i cant believe he went before my other one. it seemed to happen that quick.

:( thats a shame mate, with all due respect it wasnt quick it seems to have been suffering for 3 days :(

sorry to hear. sounds like he had was ready to go.

sorry to hear about dat mate. how long did you have it?

fb.

we had him about 4 years. what i meant about it being quick was 3 days ago the guinea pig was fine nows hes gone. he didnt appear to be in pain
until last night. he just wasnt eating properly. i should have took him to the vet sooner but even then i think it would have been too late.

At 14:00 the daughters cat was here, 14:05 daughters cat was dead. She was run over in our cul-de-sac. We are all devastated as she was a very cuddly cat, and loved our attention :(
Picture of her when we got her last year :)

We are all gutted, and feel your pain also.

Attachments

• IMG_0137.JPG
    IMG_0137.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 8
At 14:00 the daughters cat was here, 14:05 daughters cat was dead. She was run over in our cul-de-sac. We are all devastated as she was a very cuddly cat, and loved our attention :(

Very sorry to hear your sad news MH RIP Little kitty :rip: :(

my cat went missing last year, had her for 18 months, theres a BIG owl that stalks round here at nights, and a LOT of small pets, especially cats, have vanished without a trace over the last year

Sounds the same as my guinea pig before he passed. He kept perking up and getting really ill again for a few months, the vet gave us antibiotics but ultimately they didn't help.

My condolences on the loss of a fantastic pet mate.

And to you too MH.

:rip: the little guys

Aye sorry to hear about that matey bigtime. May she/him rip.

Fb.

sent from my GT-15801 using tapatalk pro

cheers for all you kind words lads. we should all have a group hug.lol

Back