Guide to install Route66 on N95 and UK maps

Dude you only have one post, no hello, no introduction... Try reading the tutorial again and go through everything twice... Dont rush and you should be ok.

Sorted re-installed firmware... Formatted card and installed. Going to go outside and test it now.

Bally Please could you let us know how you got it working? re-installing firmware? How did you do this quick reset via key pad or another way? also what map file are you using? as all I get is a 2 sec flash screen then it ends.
Galee

Bally Please could you let us know how you got it working? re-installing firmware? How did you do this quick reset via key pad or another way? also what map file are you using? as all I get is a 2 sec flash screen then it ends.
Galee

i backed up my fone then ran

Nokia Software Updater

which will flash you fone with the lastest firmware for your product code/provider

then installed r66 and it worked first time

(you can then restore your backup ie contacts etc.)

Thanks for that fella well it loads up now but I get the following screen

Wwlcome to product activation.Chose an operation from the options menu.(Map United Kingdom & Ireland 1.7)

Any Ideas?
Galee

choose activation via internet and then enter any 16 numbers as your activation code and it should work.

Luke

Luke you were spot on thanks very much indeed.
Galee

Can anyone help with this issue?

When I try to upload the Certificate Request file (step 8 in the guide) I get this message on the symbian signed website:

Your request has failed. Reason:
Your are not enabled to request DevCerts. Please contact the system administrator.

ooh dont know what that msg is, did you follow the instructions exactly? I cant remember but was there a activation email you needed to click the link?

I did get an email but it was just a welcome email, no links to complete the registration.

Strange. I'm stuck from this point then.

Unless I try to register again, or perhaps someone could try the site again to see if the message is just something that happens on my account only?

Just noticed this on their site:

Web site maintenance

Please be aware that the Symbian Signed web site is currently undergoing some essential maintenance works. This is affecting the performance of the web site and we apologise for that. Please be assured that we are working hard to complete this work as soon as possible and we appreciate your patience.

maybe that's why.

most helpful new to this and going to try this is my first attempt thanks

followed the instructions ...but getting stuck as the previous guy a few posts back get the following error

Your request has failed. Reason:
Your are not enabled to request DevCerts. Please contact the system administrator.

website was down but that was 6 days ago...is it still down??

Looks like they have cottoned on that folk are using the site for purposes other than intended, so they have blocked the likes of us using all the utilities.

im registered but im not allowed in is this the same for everyone?? if someone can get in would they get my certificate please... pretty please

hi all, i recieved my contract upgrade N95 yesterday and was dissapointed that the navigation is an extra that has to be purchased, and not being able to recieve any of the nokia maps for some reason i followed the tutorial to install route 66. i think it all correct but out of the 10 map rar files that i have downloaded only the first one extracted without errors, does anyone else have this problem? any help wood be appreciated, i dont want another 3 am bedtime tonight. thanks in advance

Hi m8,you have to downloadl all of them,then instal the 145mb file

Im still a n00b so forgive me if Im asking something stupid. I can't seem to register at the signing site. Does anyone have an account who can please do it for me? I would be very grateful. Please get back to me. Thanks

can someone upload all the maps in ONE FILE ?

i dont have a rapidshare account and it would take me years to download.

cheers guys

Hi

can any one sign this software for me? or is the site down

Hi all.

I am having alot of trouble with this Route 66 for the N95.

I downloaded it, but where do i put it on the memory card ?which folder? and do i need to create one ?

Secondly im following a guide on how to sign it, but when i go to the site to sign it , its not accepting registations..!!

how do i get around this ? can some one sort it out for me ? my n95 number is : 356962017934168

MANY THANKS GUYS !

Back