Guide to install Route66 on N95 and UK maps

anyone tried intalling this on the euro1 v11.0.026 firmware?

ive tried several times now and the app quits as soon as it loads

has this the patch for internel gps to work for doent route need one cheers

trying to get this thing application signed with your phone is a bitch, mine worked a day after i done the signing process, wouldnt install and gave me time date error

PLEASE, read this tutorial carefully, it works at 100% !

Step-to-step tutorial : HOW TO get a signed version of FExplorer

(all credits go to Team 3G365 )

You can find all the files needed in this tutorial here :

http://www.gosymbian.com/dhscr/files/signing_files.zip

Here is the signing process :

signingprocess.png

1) Go to h**ps://www.symbiansigned.com and register a new account

sign1.jpg

2) Go to My Simbian Signed >>> Developer Certificates and download DevCertRequest tool.
Direct link: h**ps://www.symbiansigned.com/DevCertRequest_30_10_2006_v2.0.exe

sign2.jpg

3) Install the application in your PC and download the private keyfile (sultan.key in attachment)

4) It's time to create the certification request: open the DevCertRequest application you just installed and fill in the fields like this:

sign4_1.jpg

sign4_2.jpg

Use the key you just downloaded ( sultan.key ).
Private keyfile password: 0123456

5) Go ahead to next steps and follow examples shown below:

sign5.jpg

6) Insert your IMEI no. and add all application capabilities:

sign6_1.jpg

sign6_2.jpg

sign6_3.jpg

7) Click on finish and your Certificate Request will be created.
You can find this file in the folder
C:\Program Files\Symbian OS Tools\Developer Certificate Request\xxxxxxx.csr
xxxxxxx = the name you have used in step 4 (in this tutorial : dzed.csr)

sign7.jpg

8 ) Go back to Symbian Signed website and go to My Symbian Signed >>> Developer Certificates >>> Request
direct link: h**ps://www.symbiansigned.com/app/barclayhtml/devcert/requestupload.jsp

and upload the Certificate Request file you just created (in this tutorial : dzed.csr).

sign8.jpg

9) Go to My Symbian Signed >>> Developer Certificates >>> My DevCert
direct link: h**ps://www.symbiansigned.com/app/page/devcert/certListdownload

and download your certificate (in this tutorial : dzed.cer) !

sign9.jpg

10) Create a folder and place in FExplorer.sis, the certificate you downloaded from Symbian Signed website, Private Keyfile (sultan.key) and signsis.exe and auto_signsis.bat (you can find it in the archive attached above)

11) Open auto_signsis.bat with notepad

Code:signsis FExplorer.sis FExplorer_signed.sis xxxxxx.cer sultan.key 0123456

(xxxxxx.cer is the certificate you created, and downloaded from Symbian Signed web site change it with yours)

example with this tutorial and the version downloaded :
Code:signsis FExplorer_english_3ed_116b_unsigned.SIS FExplorer_signed.sis dzed.cer sultan.key 0123456

- save auto_signsis.bat (do not use Save-As just Save)

12) double click on auto_signsis.bat This will create a new file called FExplorer_signed.sis (or whatever you want, just change the filename), install it and enjoy this great App

in this example, you'll install :
FExplorer_signed.sis

Cheers Devilfish for sharing the info much apprecated
regards biffo

Ok not sure I get this... Followed the tutorial exactly... and created my signed version of FExplorer_signed.sis... but what does this have to do with route66 and the maps downloaded?

Is there something missing?

oooh I get it, its not really FExplorer lol installing now...

Keep getting the following:

Resource error
Resource files are missing.
Please reinstall the
application.

Reinstalled it but same msg... Also where does Britain.prm go?

Last edited:
dude you need to make a directory on the mem card (best place to install) in the system/apps/route66 path called maps. (system/apps/route66/maps. place your map in there. any from 2005/2006 should work ok.

Did this but when I start the program, it opens for 0,5 seconds and me see something about productactivation and then closes again.

OK guys I finally found the solution:
1) Format your sd micro (backup first) and reinstall the symbian so your telephone will be like new.
2)Then install the program on (for example) your phone and add the maps on your sd micro!
Now its working on mine! (btw: still have to test it outside but i will give an update then!

How do you re-install symbian after formatting mem card?

Sorted re-installed firmware... Formatted card and installed. Going to go outside and test it now.

Last edited:
Does this actually work for anyone? Been trying to get signal all day but just get no gps....?

yeah it works for me fine, what i do is go to Tool, and GPS data first, wait till i got a gps locked signal then i go into route66. couple of secs and it should work. also you got the phone slid open right? as the gps antenna is under the # key

Apprantly CoPilot Live works on N95 but not sure where to get it from... Couldnt find it on newsgroups... I dont actually have a n95 so can only test when I manage to get my brothers phone off him..

I cant understand why tomtom are taking so long for what I thought would be a simple software patch.

can anyone please sign route 66 for me.I tried but dont know where im going wrong.

Back