Guide to Creating a Technomate Channel List from Scratch

Hi Dazman,

Thanks for your response. You are a superdupa.

I used blind search and it works perfectly

It's been 6 months since the last update, so here is the latest spreadsheet - version 2.2.3
This is a minor update: some tweaked satellite names, and all URLs & beams corrected for
Lyngsat, King of Sat, and Flysat. Most of the old URLs still work due to redirects on the
websites, but it is probably safer to use the corrected URLs in this version.

This spreadsheet is only useful if you are a new Technomate owner, or if you like to keep
your channel list up to date every once in a while. For full details, please read post 15.

Back up your own channel list before loading the list produced by this macro.

Jetset

Attachments

• TP Updater v2.2.3.zip
    43 KB · Views: 10
Is this easy to use? I'm new to the Tm-5402 but have a technical background..

Is this easy to use? I'm new to the Tm-5402 but have a technical background..

The Guide is on Page 1 of this thread and it is very detailed and easy enough to understand

The Guide is on Page 1 of this thread and it is very detailed and easy enough to understand

As digi says it is straight forward. JETSW has put together a very good spreadsheet and user friendly guide on the start page. Make sure you download V 2.2.3 dated 7th April 2013. Even I could follow this guide through.
Good luck and do not worry you will not break anything by having a go

Well this little program seems very popular and i can only thank @jetsetw for all the hard work he has put into this.

Anyway i hope he does not mind but i have updated the 2.2.3 version and added 46° east Azerspace1 satellite and deleted 52.5° east as i doubt anything will reappear anytime soon also added is 34.5° west for the feeds you never know.

I have updated all the Lyngsat, Kingofsat & Flysat URL's and updated all of the Beams as well.

As always all credit for the Original still goes to @jetsetw for the spreadsheet

Regards

Attached Update 2.2.4

Attachments

• TP Updater v2.2.4.zip
    42.1 KB · Views: 12
Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like Yahsat may need to be revived :) Not that I can get anywhere near that far on my arc though...

I'm tempted to do a little more work on my spreadsheet. Any suggestions on how to improve it, or for new features?
I'd like to do the following:

1) Include the option to get ONLY feed TPs. Someone in another thread requested this, and it is easy enough to implement.
2) The biggie - pull in channels from the web, as well as TPs. "King of Sat" is best suited for this. This is much more difficult as I don't completely understand how channel info is stored in an ndf file. I've probably got 85% of the way there, but reverse engineering the satellite and TP info was far easier!

Does anyone here know the full specification of an ndf file? I emailed Technomate a couple of times about this a year ago, but never got a relevant reply.

Jetset

Hi jetsetw,

2) The biggie - pull in channels from the web, as well as TPs.

I don't think that's possible mate... but I would love to be proven wrong...

I believe that the actual process of scanning/downloading channels from their respective transponder frequency adds a lot more information to the receiver than you imagine... especially when the channels/packages are encrypted... I don't think any satellite website/chart displays/stores the complete parameters to be able to achieve this... just look at the visible channel parameters displayed in the NDFEdit program when you open a cndf file...

I tried something similar without success... I tried to split an encrypted time-sharing channel into two separate channels in my receivers' channel line-up... I attempted this by copying all of the visible channel parameters in NDFEdit when the first of the time-sharing channels was active... then I copied all of the visible channel parameters when the second channel was active and added the second channel parameters using NDFEdit...

I ended up with two channels (the original) that worked properly with both picture & EPG info... and (the copied one) that wouldn't display any picture nor would it display any EPG info...

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Hi All,

Not been updated in some time so i though i would add the relevant new satellites to this excellent program from Jetsetw

New Satellites added: 20.0° West, 30.5° East, 31.5° East, 47.5° East, 50.0° East, 55.0° East, 60.0° East, 62.0° East

With the new Turksat 4A @ 50.0° east Kingofsat is not listed correctly as they do not list the satellite for some reason even though its a testing area it has been confirmed as a future Slot

Thanks Again to Jetsetw for the amazing work he introduced into this Spreadsheet

Regards

Attachments

• TP Updater v2.5.zip
    68.2 KB · Views: 16
so u load the file to a usb stick put it in to the resever 5402 m2 then u scan the satllites is that right after u have done this can u load the spred sheet via usb on to the computer then do a list is this right regards simon ps how do u guys do it with a 36 volt motor do u do it manualy

Last edited:
I have a little spare time and am tempted to update my "Transponder Updater" spreadsheet. Would there be any demand for including an option to add "IPTV" type transponders for the TM5402? At present the macro ignores anything other than standard 8PSK and QPSK modulation for normal satellite TV transponders.

To those of you in the know, please drop me a line in this thread with a list of the transponders (or modulation types) that are relevant, and I'll try to incorporate them. (I've never used IPTV, so my knowledge is very limited here.)

Finally, if anyone happens to have the full specifications of the NDF format, please let me know!!! I made my spreadsheet by reverse-engineering an ndf file over many hours, eventually figuring out how satellite and transponder information is stored. Sadly, I never managed to figure out more than 85% or so of the channel info format. If I had this, the spreadsheet could have an option to pull in the satellite channels themselves from "King of Sat", thus negating the need to Auto-Navigate afterwards.

Jetset

Please could a moderator remove my previous post - the spreadsheet had a bug.
This post has the correct attachment.

Latest version of the TP Updater spreadsheet is attached here - version 2.3.1.
Satellites, Lyngsat/King of Sat/Flysat URLs and beams have been updated.

This spreadsheet is only useful if you are a new Technomate owner, or if you like to keep
your channel list up to date every once in a while. For full details, please read post 15.
Remember that this spreadsheet does not acquire any channels - you must do this
yourself via "Auto Navigate" on the Technomate.

Back up your own channel list before loading the list produced by this macro.

Jetset

Attachments

• TP Updater v2.3.1 (30-06-14).zip
    43.6 KB · Views: 25
Been a while for an update to this but if anyone still uses it here is the latest with all updated URL's from the 3 main sites

Attachments

• TP Updater v2.6.zip
    166.5 KB · Views: 5
Back