Guide to Creating a Technomate Channel List from Scratch

Thanks again my friend - 'think' it makes more sense, but will leave it now until tomorrow!
Thing is, I feel I have a good Channel List already built up 'naturally' from the past few years, but obviously there's still a lot of deadwood to get rid of, plus a few to add maybe, so thought a more informed approach like yours may be better, but its like starting from scratch again mate!
Thanks again, will feedback tomorrow! :Cheers:

(PS: Just produced my first mega channel list - but DIDN'T reply 'no' to 4E as you suggested, kept it as 'tes' - so will try it tomorrow after I've recovered!:Clap:)

Still cannot seem to produce my 'saved' file in ndf format on to memory stick!:Dunce:

Still cannot seem to produce my 'saved' file in ndf format on to memory stick!:Dunce:

Well heres one i baked earlier LOL, it has all sats ticked and all beams

So yes it does work

Attachments

• Channels.rar
    3.9 KB · Views: 35
Well heres one i baked earlier LOL, it has all sats ticked and all beams

So yes it does work

Thanks for that mate - so why does yours produce an 'ndf' file yet mine doesn't seem to - that's what I meant?
So when I copy MY file to mem stick with MY choices on it, it only seems to produce as Excel file, so is not recognised by TM6900HD Super!:Devil:

If you leave the default "directory" and "filename" alone, you should find that after running the macro
that there is now file on your hard drive in the C:\Channels\ directory called TPs.ndf

This is the file you are supposed to copy to your memory stick.
I've checked my code - even if you change the filename so it doesn't have the ".ndf" extension, the
macro will nevertheless add on the ".ndf" for you... I'm not sure why it isn't working for you!

(Perhaps you are trying to copy the spreadsheet itself...:silly:? The Technomate won't accept Excel files.)

One last thing just in case you missed the earlier warning in red:

Do NOT load up the TPs.ndf file into your Technomate until you have already saved your
current list to the memory stick.
You say you have a list you are generally happy with - you must
save this first before loading anything else, or you will lose it forever!
:FRIGHT:

Jetset

Last edited:
Thanks again mate, found it, wasnt looking in the right place - as ALWAYS!
See how we go now!:drink:

Finally then, I have produced what I believe to be a decent list, but when I load it on to my TM it states 'no channels', so that is where I go into the 'scan all satellites' and wait a long time for set up to begin? Obviously all satellites/tps will then be all over the place and I will have to start 'package collation' all over again too on each satellite, so its certainly a mega project - especially when I've already got a very comprehensive list which I've compiled over the years!
I suppose its the challenge of producing a new channel list in a more 'scientific' manner which appeals though - thanks again mate!:Hit:

Yes, you will need to scan all satellites to pull in the channels. Use the "Auto Navigation" feature on your Technomate to do this
in a straightforward manner. Shouldn't take more than half an hour, and you can just let your Technomate get on with it while
you do something else.

The satellites will still be ordered across the arc, and the TPs will be ordered numerically by satellite.

Once it has finished, save your new list to the USB stick. You can then reorder channels, make favourites etc. using a channel
editor on your PC such as "Clarke Tech Editor Studio". The latest version is 3.17, and it is very easy to use. (Trying to tidy up a
list on the Technomate itself is very time consuming and fiddly.)

Jetset

Updated spreadsheet attached here - version 2.2.

This spreadsheet is only useful if you are a new Technomate owner, or if you like
to keep your channel list up to date every once in a while. For full details, please
read post 15.

A bug has been fixed where a small number of TPs were not acquired (mainly due
to Flysat using non-standard DVB info). I have also rewritten the code to ignore
recent streaming data TPs such as on 12.5W.

Back up your own channel list before loading the list produced by this macro.

Jetset

Attachments

• TP Updater v2.2.zip
    42.6 KB · Views: 33
Updated spreadsheet attached here - version 2.2.1
This is a minor update: new satellite names (mainly Eutelsat) entered, and all URLs & beams
corrected for Lyngsat, King of Sat, and Flysat. The actual VBA code is unchanged.

This spreadsheet is only useful if you are a new Technomate owner, or if you like to keep
your channel list up to date every once in a while. For full details, please read post 15.

Jetset

Attachments

• TP Updater v2.2.1.zip
    42.9 KB · Views: 34
Thanks for this jetsetw i actually modded your old 2.2 list with the new names just for the lyngsat side, Nice to see you back its a great bit of work this.

Thanks again

In response to your post Jetset - https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/289962/#post2130603

I have set scan to Yes on all satellites and feeds and used King Of sat as the source

the resulting file loads fine and all Tps are on each satellite however when i run an Auto Navigation it shows all the tps as being scanned but no channels are detected

on one satellite the progress bar goes form 1% straight up to 42% in a second but all other sats scan at a normal speed although no channels are detected on any of them

i suspect this may actually be due to the long standing bug of the 5402 patch making the motor on the dish freeze and as there are no channels to open to make it work again then it doesnt move throughout the scan

when i first used your program and left the Kosat column as the default (European only etc) then it worked fine but its since i have edited that column to "All" that the 5402 seems to not want to show any channels

again your program is excellent and i am assuming that it is a glitch with my 5402 rather than a software flaw

hope that clarifies

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the details, Badman. If anyone else has any other issues, please do let me know.

Just out of interest, which satellite moved up to 42% complete in 1 second? How big a satellite arc are you scanning? And can you confirm exactly when the motor wasn't moving during the scan?

My hunch is that the TM has been overloaded with either TPs or (more likely) channels. If you select all beams from all satellites, including feeds, you are going to pick up a VAST number of channels during a full scan of the satellite arc. Passing the TM's limit of 10,000 channels is now a certainty, even if only TV (and not radio) channels are requested. As an example, if you leave the default settings alone which I use for my small arc of 12.5W to 28E on a 60cm dish (puny, I know!), with no feeds and only strong Eurpoean beams, then you wll already get nearly 7000 channels! :FRIGHT: I really ought to put a warning about this in the instructions for the next release.

Once the TM acquires 10,000 channels, I suspect it will refuse to pick up any more, and may well start behaving even more erratically than usual...

All the best,
Jetset

PS: Does anyone know the maximum number of TPs possible?

Last edited:
Thanks for this, Zorch - useful to know.

It doesn't seem to be listed in the manual (although the 10,000 channel limit is) - did you discover this by chance, or is it documented somewhere?

Jetset

Updated spreadsheet attached here - version 2.2.2
This is a minor update: some tweaked satellite names, a couple of empty satellites removed,
and all URLs & beams corrected for Lyngsat, King of Sat, and Flysat. I did not need to make
any changes to the actual VBA code - the websites still store TP information in the same way.

This spreadsheet is only useful if you are a new Technomate owner, or if you like to keep
your channel list up to date every once in a while. For full details, please read post 15.

(I suspect it will become increasingly redundant now that there is a new editor out by the
TechSat team!)

Jetset

Attachments

• TP Updater v2.2.2.zip
    42.9 KB · Views: 25
Thanks for PM'ing me this - great stuff, works very well :)

I am a complete novice and wondering if I may ask this STUPID questions. It must have been covered many times before, but I am a bit confused..... Here I go.

I recently purchased TM 5402 HD and set it all up. Everything seems to work fine, but all the channels are old and some are not even working, so I guess they must be old anyway.

Please without being too technical, how can I download the latest update for ASTRA 28 UK channels using USB data transfer or any other easier method.

APOLOGY FOR MY STUPID LAZY QUESTIONS, but I am kinda desperate :silly:.

Back