grrrr !!! fooking robbing doctor !

Rs2k_Rider

DW's Resident Medic
Reaction score
Grrr !

Looking to go into ambulance service now and need C class license.... need to do medical to get C class provisional... So I think, not a problem. Phone my GP up, "Yes sir, not a problem.. that will be £148" WTF ! takes all of 20 mins tops, if your lucky and he counts your arse hairs !!!!

Christ, all that has to be checked is...

Blood pressure... - 2 mins
Pulse - in with above as its auto machine !!
Urine dip - 2 mins
Weight - 1 min
Height - 30 secs
Confirm not a psycho and do not have sleep apnoea !!! few mins to tick a box and sign...

Grrr... I can do all that myself... !!! yet I am not allowed as I do not have gmc registration... might have to have a chat with some dr's at hosptial !!!

Conning fooker

No wonder he is on around 5 cruises a year !

**** RANT OVER ****

On a brighter note, I can update my photo... get my C provisional and add my "A" cat license at the same time... for just the £20 photo fee... now do I risk the dvla losing the lot lol

I had my medical on Saturday for my HGV - Cost me £70 at my own doctors, I don't even use it anymore just don't want to let it expire, you never know ;)

Deffo a rip off though :( I tried to get an appointment a few weeks ago to see the doctor and was told there wasn't a free appointment for nearly 2 weeks lol I phoned up for the HGV medical on Thursday evening "Oh yes Mr ****** we can fit you in Saturday morning" course you can you feckers !

Can you not ask occy health to do it?

No because its not for nursing, and our occy health are mainly nurses... :(

I have found a few online that you go to... all around £50 and fairly local... not paying gp £150 :) should be a cap on what they can and cant charge, but as they are run on their terms they charge what they like :(

Only problem not going to your own GP is that the doctor you see has to say he didn't have access to your medical records for the medical and stamp and sign the form accordingly, When I had my last medical 5 years ago I got it done by a different doctor for £25 but they had to write to my GP and confirm everything I'd told them and it took a lot longer to process infact if I remember rightly I nearly missed the deadline

Just a thought ;)

No because its not for nursing, and our occy health are mainly nurses... :(

I have found a few online that you go to... all around £50 and fairly local... not paying gp £150 :) should be a cap on what they can and cant charge, but as they are run on their terms they charge what they like :(
try "doctor on wheels" they come and see you near enough

DoctorsOnWheels

Only problem not going to your own GP is that the doctor you see has to say he didn't have access to your medical records for the medical and stamp and sign the form accordingly, When I had my last medical 5 years ago I got it done by a different doctor for £25 but they had to write to my GP and confirm everything I'd told them and it took a lot longer to process infact if I remember rightly I nearly missed the deadline

Just a thought ;)

Not heard of that mate :( was that for c class/hgv ?

Do not think they need access to your records to do the checks required do they ?

try "doctor on wheels" they come and see you near enough

DoctorsOnWheels

yea thats one of the ones I am looking at :)

Not heard of that mate :( was that for c class/hgv ?

Do not think they need access to your records to do the checks required do they ?

Yeah HGV m8, when I had it done Saturday the doctor stamped the form, the stamp had check boxes to say what id had been seen and medical records, heres a scan of the form, is this the same one you got m8 ?

Yeah HGV m8, when I had it done Saturday the doctor stamped the form, the stamp had check boxes to say what id had been seen and medical records, heres a scan of the form, is this the same one you got m8 ?

Dont know mate not got forms yet lol ! its D4 from dvla mate :) yours is for renewal ? mine is for first provisional c class entitlement so could be diff mate

Yeah thats the one m8 Medical examination report - D4

Mine is renewal and has to be completed by my birthday in January, my last one 5 years ago was renewal also hence the deadline but as yours is new there is no rush so a different/cheaper doctor should be fine :)

Good luck anyway m8 :)

Back