GRRRR ! Fooking VIC marker !

Rs2k_Rider

DW's Resident Medic
Reaction score
I am soooooooo peeeveeeeed off atm

My car was hit the begining of last month in the o/s quater panel... causing it to be written off... damage is not that bad, so bought the car back for £150...salvage... Now I have bought salvage before so know what I am doing and how to repair :)

Car was marked as Cat C... fair enough, 2002 car...

Been thinking to myself, wonder if it will need a VIC check... as this is to check the car has not been ringed... I owned the car prior and still do own the car... so nothing has changed there....

Just go online to check how much tax is as about to run out... and BAM...VIC MARKER !

WTF !!!

Why should I have to pay some tea drinking monkeys in a metal hanger £41 to say, yea mate its the same car it was last month... FFS ! I am going to roll some balls tomorrow morning on the phone... This is a rip off, pure and simple.

The car needs a bit of filler in the arch, and paint... how the fook can you ring a car doing that !!! Piss take

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

its all about making money matey....shame they closed the rant room though...

thought when a car has been put to a cat c , the vic checked is now to make sure the vehicle is structually safe to go back on the road .

my brother dropped a proper bollock with this ,bought a 2009 golf gt tdi with front end fire damage , owning a garage it would be a project .

car cost 1600 notes and was a cat c write off

spent money on another engine ,loom wings , screen ,bonnet etc went to put it back on road only to find an end of life destruction order had since been placed on the vehicle .

cant be removed and must be broke for spares and then the chassis scrapped .

thought when a car has been put to a cat c , the vic checked is now to make sure the vehicle is structually safe to go back on the road .

my brother dropped a proper bollock with this ,bought a 2009 golf gt tdi with front end fire damage , owning a garage it would be a project .

car cost 1600 notes and was a cat c write off

spent money on another engine ,loom wings , screen ,bonnet etc went to put it back on road only to find an end of life destruction order had since been placed on the vehicle .

cant be removed and must be broke for spares and then the chassis scrapped .

No mate, its nothing to do with repairs at all... not in the slightest. You can take a vehicle for a vic check with no repairs done, as long as its roadworthy... if you drive it there... or any condition if you take on trailer lol

sounds a bit off that a destruction order would be placed on a cat c ? why ? should have been a cat A or B mate...

I phoned vosa today and even the guy in the vic admin dept was in agreement that I should not really have to vic my vehicle... being as its always been mine lol

But need to take it up with the insurance company that wrote it off.

Back