(graphic) New images 4 cigs (not nice!!)

yorkshirelad

Inactive User
Reaction score
THESE are some of the horrific images which will be slapped on cigarette packs in a bid to scare smokers.

Fifteen morbid pictures and new harder-hitting warning slogans were unveiled by the Government yesterday.

And here we show how the new-look fag boxes will appear when the scare tactics are deployed in October next year.

Our terrifying main illustration depicts in gruesome detail just one of the perils of the deadly weed — throat cancer.

Other chilling images include a lifeless face looking up from the slab in a morgue, a gruesome open-heart op and a healthy lung compared with a cancer-ravaged one.

A shot of a newborn hammers home the dangers of smoking while pregnant and a gory picture of open-heart surgery represents the risk of coronary disease.

Pictures not shown here but also set to spook smokers include wrinkled hands, warning of the perils for your skin, a droopy cigarette symbolising the risk of impotence, a needle to represent addiction — and even damaged sperm.

0,,2007400771,00.jpg

0,,2007400766,00.jpg

0,,2007400772,00.jpg

0,,2007400778,00.jpg

thats just pure stupid, everone knows the risks, pictures are not on, what if your kids see them pics, they look like pics you see on ogrish and the like, 18 rated and i wouldnt want any child to see that type of pic, this goverment is off its head.

sometimes goverment cant win i know a lot off ppl claimed a lot of the anti-drug adverts were not graphic enough and did not have the intended impact. now they do ppl will say its too much.

I think its a great idea. If the pictures can repulse anyone from smoking or even smoking less then thay have done their duty.

thats just pure stupid, everone knows the risks, pictures are not on, what if your kids see them pics, they look like pics you see on ogrish and the like, 18 rated and i wouldnt want any child to see that type of pic, this goverment is off its head.

Everyone does not know of the risks, people smoke for various reasons. Sometimes the eyes have to see for the heart to feel and for the brain to think, these images do exactly that IMO

This will go and on doesnt matter how many pictures or adverts are shown if people wanna smoke they will smoke , just glad the government has banned it from public area , pubs n stuff , a positive move , but if cigs were £10 .00 a packet people would still buy or there would be more people gettin them from abroad, as a parent i just tell my kids the reality of smoking and how better u could spend ur money so far so good .
just my opinion .

Personally I disagree with the pictures everyone knows the dangers and either chooses to accept them or ignore them.

Now every time I go to Mac D's or have Fish n Chips I don't have a picture of an obese person do I ?? So why do they have to put the pics on my cigs ??

However I do agree with the no smoking policy in pubs and clubs although I do think if the pub\club has the facility for a smoking room then why not allow them ? instead of just victimising the addicts (myself included)

Any evidence that it works

Strange - there are an increasing number of women smoking - and the packs are no longer much of a fashion accessory

They've missed out the pictures that show you how smoking looks cool as fck!

i think its a great idea and personaly i think if my children see this then they are far more likly not to smoke. these images will be far more frightening to youngsters whom afterall are the ones who need to be affected before they start to smoke.

Not sure whats next...........Why isnt the same done with Alcohol? Alcohol causes ALOT more problems than cigs do.

I agree with the scare tactics - as nothing else worked, apart from banning (and if it was such a problem why not just ban them?) what else can they do to reduce numbers?

The thing I dont agree with it targeting certain people/lifestyles, if they are gonna use these kinda tactics then it should be across the whole board - Alcohol, Drugs, Fast Food, STD's etc etc.

Back