gran turismo 5 Where Art Thou?

NASCAR Driver Joey Logano Announces that Gran Turismo 5 Will Ship Later this Month

While Joey Logano and the No. 20 GameStop Toyota raced to a fourth place finish in the Lone Star State for the O'Reilly Parts Challenge at Texas Motor Speedway, the real news for gamers is what Logano said about Gran Turismo 5 in a press release. Logano, who is featured along with his car in the new NASCAR portion of GT5, said he was looking forward to playing the final version of the game later this month. Logano has played early versions of the game during development and worked with Sony on the NASCAR portion of the game, along with drivers like Jeff Gordon.

"I'm pretty pumped about having Gran Turismo 5 on the car this weekend," Logano said. "I think GT5 is one of the best videogames of all time. I've been fortunate enough to play some of the early builds of the game and even got to play against the creator of the series back in August. For GT5 to include NASCAR in the game this year is really sick. To think you can go on there and race the No. 20 car is wild. I've played racing games all my life, and it's crazy to see your own cars in the game. I can't wait for it to come out later this month."

Sony is expected to make an official announcement on the new date for the racing game this coming week. GT5 was originally slated to ship November 4, but was delayed because Kazunori Yamauchi wanted to make sure the game was tweaked to perfection. Sony previously said the game would ship this holiday, which gives the game company two months to ship the latest game in a franchise that has sold over 55 million copies worldwide.

Yamauchi was in Las Vegas this past week for the GT Awards at the annual Special Equipment Market Association (SEMA) Show in Las Vegas. He said during interviews there that GT5 was done and that discs were being stamped.

The Logano GameStop car's paint scheme featured Gran Turismo 5 in the Nationwide Series NASCAR race this weekend, promoting the game from Sony Computer Entertainment and Polyphony Digital. The marketing deal was originally made to time with the November 4 release of the title.

Logano has been on a roll as of late not only in the NASCAR Nationwide Series, but also behind the wheel of his No. 20 Sprint Cup car as well. In the last eight Sprint Cup Series events, Joey has recorded three top fives and six finishes of 11th or better. And the confidence that comes with that success has transferred over to the Nationwide Series (NWS), where Logano has two wins, 14 top fives and 21 top 10s in just 22 starts in 2010. He also has a NWS series-leading six pole awards. And despite missing 10 events this season, Logano still finds himself ninth in the NASCAR Nationwide Series point standings.

NASCAR Driver Joey Logano Announces that Gran Turismo 5 Will Ship Later this Month | GamerLive.TV

I don’t have any specific updates about the GT5 disc revealed yesterday, but that hasn’t stopped quite a few interesting tidbits from bubbling up around the world. First up, word from “distribution sources” indicate more than half a million copies of Gran Turismo 5 are headed to France. More specifically, there will be 450,000 standard copies, 100,000 Collector’s Editions, and 5,000 Signature Editions available in the country. (Amazon.fr is still taking SE reservations, so hop on that if you’re interested.)

Also, GT5’s big Madrid launch party has a new date of November 24th/25th. As you may recall, the launch party was first scheduled for October 26th/27th. Considering the party was to be held exactly one week before the game’s intended worldwide launch, a release during the week of November 29th – December 3rd is beginning to look extremely likely. This release window aligns perfectly with what I’ve been told before and Sony’s own retail outlet, SonyStyle, who lists a launch date “on or around” November 30th for the game. Regardless, it’s becoming clear we don’t have much longer to wait.

http://www.gtplanet.net/555000-copies-of-gt5-for-france-new-launch-party-date/

It's looking like the 30th or the 3rd of Dec. But it's finally coming.

I bet that bloody boat sinks now lol

It's looking like the 30th or the 3rd of Dec. But it's finally coming.

I bet that bloody boat sinks now lol

lol dont say that.. we've waited long enough... but i think if its coming out this year (lets face it, its a 50/50 chance), then the 3rd or 10th december (for uk customers) will be a likely date. cant see sony/pd leaving it any later if they wana take advantage of the xmas shopping rush....

actually just as im typing this, i found this http://www.gtplanet.net/more-leaked-copies-of-gran-turismo-5-out-in-the-wild/

its official.... GT5 is coming.................... and its probably this year! :Clap:

pics on the link posted above may have been removed for obvious reasons......... but i managed to save before they were taken off.

pics on the link posted above may have been removed for obvious reasons......... but i managed to save before they were taken off.

Aint seen a finished box with disc, looks very much like the real deal. So the odd copys must be knocking about, mainly for reviewers, Sony people. But it's the closest we have been to having it in our hands in years lol. I think tbh the reason Sony aint said anythink about a release date, is they wanna make sure they have done enough copys.
As would be silly to say a date then say, not enough copy's have been done so it's delayed again.

But the last thing i wanna see is the following

ship-crash.jpg

If there are a few of GT5 knocking about, then sony needs to act with giving out a date. As if more and more ppl seem to be getting it, then will be appearing on newsgroups in no time.
Thats not the type of publicity Sony want

gt5 trophy list... .:: KONZOLISTA.CZ - novinky/gran-turismo-5-trofeje_6090.html ::.

the game's out there, people are fooookin playing it lol.... come on sony, get it released before all the secrets are revealed...

I defo think it's gonna be out sooner than everyone thinks now. To many people seem to be getting their hands on it. To many details about the game, will be released, as well as glitches and game save unlocks.
I think if we hear somethink by the end of this week, then it's gonna be released on the 30th-3rd dec.
That will give time for the stock to be sent to the shops etc, 3 weeks etc.

So if nothink is said this week, then odds are will be either the 10th or 17th of dec before it's out.
But by going what i've seen on the web with people playing it. By that time people will be playing the cracked verison of it before the real one is in the shops lol

surely with copies floating around, its gona be this year.... anything after xmas and sony/pd are really gona suffer with sales figures.... before xmas, it will shift loads... if they release a date for early december, its almost certain that its gona be xmas pressie lists for the vast majority of ps3 owners and they will rake it in.... lets face it, it is the biggest game on the ps3, if not across all platforms......

you've gotta admit though, sony have made a right balls up over the last 3-4 weeks... very little information has come out and the promise of a release date at the end of last month didnt come.. no way to treat fans of the game.... in a way the leaks over the last 2-3 days serves them right for p*ssing around and leaving fans outta the loop...

as u can probably tell, im foookin well excited bout this game... lol

ImageShack Album - 5 images

IGN UK confirms 27th Nov for the US & 30th Nov for Europe as dates of release IGN UK (IGN_UK) on Twitter

Wife had to just get the smelling salts out as i fainted lol

30th of Nov, can't come soon enough. im at a loss for words lol. don't think my kids will see me much over xmas lol

Even tho i trust IGN with their sources etc, I just need to hear or see confirmation from Sony

Wife had to just get the smelling salts out as i fainted lol

30th of Nov, can't come soon enough. im at a loss for words lol. don't think my kids will see me much over xmas lol

Even tho i trust IGN with their sources etc, I just need to hear or see confirmation from Sony

lol

actually it was a typo by IGN and the game is expected to hit shelves in Europe on 26th Nov! :proud:

UK release date confirmed today: 24th November.............................................................................. 2010! :proud:

UK release date confirmed today: 24th November.............................................................................. 2010! :proud:

You beat me to the post lol. Finally it's official ,as Sony have spoken!

12 days we'll know if it lives up to all the hype.

I cant wait to see how you guys fare when trying to play a naughty version, I bet sony have bought something new to the table to try stop peeps.

I cant wait to see how you guys fare when trying to play a naughty version, I bet sony have bought something new to the table to try stop peeps.

I won't be one of the nawty ppl as I only play online games. I personally can't be bothered with the hack. Your right about Sony adding some kind of protection to the game as it's their flag mark game.
But tbh I can see some work around being done and it being hacked.

Yeah I'm sure if there's any added protection it'll be defeated soon enough.

I'm actually tempted to just buy this game and update the firmware to play online rather than farting about just for offline play but I want to read a good review first. Last gt I played was 3 on the ps2 as it came with the console and I just loved it. Is the rally mode in this game? It'll be the first ps3 game I own as i never actually got round to buying any which is a huge shame tbh.

Back