gran turismo 5 Where Art Thou?

General Zod

Inactive User
Reaction score
Do you think the latest delay of Gran Turismo 5 was brought about because of all the recent hacking done on the PS3? I ask because I was recently talking to a person in the gaming industry who was allowed to play the latest build of GT5 and his view was that the game was complete and in need of no extra development time, he also remarked that the devs gave the idea that the game is ready as well, since Tony is not into hacking I did not mention it but I can see that this game is a money maker for Sony so perhaps a delay for a required OS update maybe or can updates be hacked as well.

Without a shadow of a doubt (and without a shred of proof lol) this game was delayed, imho, just so they could implement the need for firmware v3.50. I will bet that the gold master code disc of this game is basically being sat on for a few weeks while this security feature is implemented and given a slot for getting shipped out to mass manufacturing.

If they do work on anything at this stage with the extra time they have it'll probably be menial things like proof checking for spelling errors and things of that nature. Stuff that in no way affects anything to do with the game nor takes too long to implement correction.

There's also the small fact that the closer this game releases to Christmas the more profitable it'll actually be. Because there's that many more sales due to the fact that it's Christmas time.

I personally can't wait for gt5.

Not just because I want to play it but I'm curious as to what lengths Sony may have gone to to stop it being pirated. It'll proberly be a 50gig download anyway which will put me off even before trying to download it and boot it naughty.

The best form of copy protection is to give us online features that we simply won't want to live without!

I personally can't wait for gt5.

Not just because I want to play it but I'm curious as to what lengths Sony may have gone to to stop it being pirated. It'll proberly be a 50gig download anyway which will put me off even before trying to download it and boot it naughty.

The best form of copy protection is to give us online features that we simply won't want to live without!

Agreed, that's the only reason why I purchased PES 2011 on PS3 was so I could play it online and for free. Otherwise if I'd had zero interest in it's online play as I do with most games I'd have simply pirated it on the PC and played it offline for free.

Gran Turismo 5 is obviously an exclusive game with free online play which straight away limits it's piracy potential not to mention it's likely a 50gb download as you said, that being said I cannot imagine what they could implement in the online that would deter people who would otherwise download it anyway, do you know what I mean ? Like anyone who's not planning on playing it online will probably download it if in the position to do so, likewise I imagine people planning to hammer this online will probably be purchasing the game (dunno if you can play hdd based dl games online) so online is probably the best carrot they can dangle. And 50gb dl is a lot for those not on super speed internet connections as well.....

Fcuk all this fancy high tech software security, this is all Sony really need....

jet_set_willy_color_card.gif

should be expecting a release date soon, they did say before the end of the month.... hmmmmmmm.....

I can see it being March 2011 before it comes out, i hope im wrong tho.
If it is to be released in December, We would have a date by now. I don't even think its gone gold yet. If they were burning copies by now, again, we would probably have heard a release date.
They said they would give an update at the end of this month, so either way come sunday we'll know.

I thought it got put back till November sometime, due to ingame polishing and stuff? Cant see this being released until at least first 2 weeks of December. Hits the users for the Christmas rush then. This game had better be the nuts, or the backlash against sony and polyphonic studios is going to be incredible.

I thought it got put back till November sometime, due to ingame polishing and stuff? Cant see this being released until at least first 2 weeks of December. Hits the users for the Christmas rush then. This game had better be the nuts, or the backlash against sony and polyphonic studios is going to be incredible.

totally agree with you on that. it's not looking good tho, they are now saying they are problems with the framerate so want to make it more polished!!!!

was looking back and there was a GT4 thread last year, so shows how long the BS has been going on from SONY
https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/206658/

I think even tho it would more or less leave a massive hole in sonys profits if it didn't come out for xmas. Sony know that the die hard fans would buy the game whenever it's released. It's not like people are turning away from the game. The more delays are onlying to added to the hype of the game.
I've lost interest in the game tbh, with all the BS but wouldn't go as far as cancelling my pre order.
I think sony should just sack the people at polyphonic studios as they simply aren't up to the task, when it comes to finishing stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
totally agree with you on that. it's not looking good tho, they are now saying they are problems with the framerate so want to make it more polished!!!!

I think sony should just sack the people at polyphonic studios as they simply aren't up to the task, when it comes to finishing stuff.

Yeah they said under certain conditions and combinations like weather effects meant the framerate would temporarily dip from 60fps - but they didn't say how much it'd dip....as long as it doesn't get choppy.

I do think people are making a mistake expecting perfection on this game as all it's doing is raising the expectation bar impossibly high for yourself. This game should be spot on, but no game is perfect. Also I think it's a bit early to say sack Polyphony lol, as this delay was likely Sony sanctioned. And when the game does come out it should kick all sorts of ass.

The question at this point though, is not if it's a good game (ironic) but if the wait was worth it. At this point nobody knows. Very likely when it does come out though this game will be simply epic in scope and detail. Literally the mother of all racing sims. ;)

it's fab news, but until we get a confirmed release date, im taking it with a pinch of salt. I've had 3 years of this madness lol

'Gran Turismo 5' dated for November 30?

Gran Turismo 5 has been dated for November 30, according to an online store.

Sony Style has listed the release date for the North American version and is now accepting pre-orders.

Earlier this week Polyphony Digital CEO Kazunori Yamauchi said that the game was finished and that discs were being pressed.

Sony has yet to confirm an official release date but has insisted that it will be out this year.

Gaming - News - 'Gran Turismo 5' dated for November 30? - Digital Spy

Sony Style has listed the release date for the North American version and is now accepting pre-orders.

Earlier this week Polyphony Digital CEO Kazunori Yamauchi said that the game was finished and that discs were being pressed.

Sony has yet to confirm an official release date but has insisted that it will be out this year.

Thats the rumoured date, but untill we hear from Sony it's just hearsay. As on the sony style site, does say :

Accepting Pre-orders

Available on or about 11/30/2010. We will email you when product ships.

which to be honest isn't 100% saying it's out on that date. As it could be later.

PS398114 | Gran Turismo® 5 | Sony | Sony Style USA

I think by this time next week, a release date will be announced. I'd put money on it being 30th Nov for the states and 3rd dec for uk/europe

I saw something on maxconsole a week back or so, stating that the release date has been set for Japan as 23.12.10, with a post from the retailer confirming this.

I saw something on maxconsole a week back or so, stating that the release date has been set for Japan as 23.12.10, with a post from the retailer confirming this.

I personally can't see it being released in Uk on the 23rd Dec. As it's to close to Christmas. It's safe to say the likes of ever online retailer would loose money as pre orders will be cancelled as it just wouldn't get delivered. Release a game 2 days before xmas day, no chance. Royal mail comes to a hault abt the 20th of dec, plus Sony would be wanting guarantee's that it wasn't sent out early either.

Look at the new COD, the likes of Game/play/shopto, aint sending it out till monday, so some might not even get that on launch day, because they have been ordered to hold it back.
Plus the likes of Game/shopto took peoples money for the game this monday a week before it's release, they say it's so they can fast track your order, yeah ok. it's so you can't cancel your pre order if it cheaper in the supermarkerts, which it will be.

Back