Government and councils to spy on ALL our phones

yup, write to your local mp/msp/mep.

write into your local paper to see if anyone else shares your fears.

You can also write directly to the PM, nothing to stop you.

when it comes to an election, vote for the party who are more likely not to support this sort of power.

Is there anything we can do to stop this???

dont stand a chance i was todl about this a few weeks back as much i didnt want to believe it i knew it would happen!

another legislation in the pipeline, under anti-terrorism laws police and any joe bloggs in the council will be able to check your financial details i.e. bank accounts and any other financial info!

alot of people say 'wel if you havent got anything to hide?' my answer its called rights and privacy! our human rights will keep on being violated! its inevitable! but for the average person it breeds hate towards these supposed 'terrorists!' rather than asking the question why? and how? does this really make sense?

this is just the beginning!

paraniod brain, that aimed at me is it?

your veiws of this country and my veiws are miles apart, people like you are the reason this country is in the state it is, just happy for this law to come in and that law to come in without a thought. if this was france we would be rioting now, over there it is as it should be, the goverments are scared of the people but over here too many sit and do nothing and let it go, the goverment is laughing its arse off over here because it knows it can do what it wants and no ones going to do anything about it.

remember the poll tax? the one time in recent history i can remember it kicking off, what happened? people power won the day and it was gone,

we need more action over here and less letting it go because it wont affect me attitudes.

not for one second did i say it wouldnt catch criminals either, dont think that i think its just a reason for the goverment to spy on me (im not paraniod), but with everyone of these passed it will eventually effect me or others. would i see it scapped so criminals get away? yes,why?.. because the real threats the goverment know who they are and are already monitoring them, and as you say if there not listening but only logging when and where a call was made what is the point in it? theres more to it believe me, what good are logs without listening? they already bug the know threats and log and listen to there calls, thats where the plot are captured, how you going to capture a criminal or worse a terrorist with logs? oh i know mr abdul who happens to nbe a muslim rings a warehouse for some immonia, end result he,ll get raided on suspsion of being a terrorist,or mr angry anti rings for some nails and a couple of plastic containers, he too will be raided for suspected bomb making you tell me that wont happen..and both the examples could be gulit free but that wont matter when there getting there doors kicked in, still believe it wont affect anyone? maybe not you but it will affect other, there,ll be trigger numbers like the software which used trigger words on the net, dont for a second believe its all above board hell this goverment lies to our face on day to day things, christ knows what else they get up to.

well said bigman !!

Very intresting..... and a damn bloody liberty if you ask me. I for one wont be using my landline or mobile for any calls now, i think i may just use a free voip from now on with a pre payed card.
I said this a while back with the smoking ban, all of our civil liberties are being erroded though the back door. As a country we need to make a stand against this, we are taxed taxed and more taxed, then we cant even walk without being filmed, talk without big brother knowing who you are talking to. This is bad news. I feel for my children growing up in this country, if it wasnt for my wife refusing to leave i would have packed up years ago.
I lived the poll tax riots back in the 90s, i was one of them that point blankly refused to pay, back then the media was more controlled, NOW with the internet we could cause the govenment a big problem and remind them they work for US, not them control us.

Saying this is all about national security.... what a load of cr@p, dont we have a secret service any more, also if the govenment decided to control its boarders insted of its people the problem probo wouldnt exist.
Maybe this is the last straw for the british people, i dont think it is, but it will get there in the end.
In the words of Wolfie "POWER TO THE PEOPLE", yeah right!!!!!!

the sad think about all this thread is that it doesnt matter which side of the fence you are sitting on but we must all remember a few basic facts;

the government of US and UK have played the public so well that we believe everything they tell us without a second thought,

i. we believed in saddams 60 second weapons of mass deployment scam,

ii. we believed in the fact that al qaeda originated in Iraq and Afghanistan,

iii. we believed in the fact that Blair really cared for the British people (but now after leaving the country on high terror alerts, he's jetting aroundd the world with his side kick cheryl and making a blodding fortune - I read somewhere, perhaps in one of these forums that he's paying £4000 a month for his mortgage, not bad for a labout PM)

iv. we believe the government that we are all prosperous and we have not had it so good, but accoring to Oxfam, 1 in 4 adult and 1 in 3 children live in poverty in the UK

http://www.oxfamgb.org/ukpp/poverty/thefacts.htm#1

There are hundreds of more facts for all those interested by searching google, but ONE thing we all must remember that the freedoms that we all once enjoyed are being curtailed ONE at a TIME and the government are making us THANK them for slowly eroding all out LIBERTIES until one day we may also live under a dictatorship.

Very intresting..... and a damn bloody liberty if you ask me. I for one wont be using my landline or mobile for any calls now, i think i may just use a free voip from now on with a pre payed card.

voip is not excempt, it was on the radio few months back they want stricter control on it as they 'believe' the terrorist have advanced means on communications and use 'latest' technology to carry out there plans! a load of bollox but none the less its another place where they can snoop!

one thing ive learnt is when they make an announcement theyve already decided they are going to do it and most probably already are! make no mistake if you think the government thinks a crap about us becuase it doesnt!

karym6 said:
sigh, this is only about phone records - with this level of detail it can be easily proved you were not guilty of comitting a crime as well as prove your guilt.

The goverment will not actually know what you say in your calls.

I dont care if the police want to check up on when I called my mum last if it means real criminals are dealt with.

they wont know what your saying in your calls? come on mate, they already know and have got the technology in place to do so! this is not a personal dig at you mate but uve believing what the governments feeding you! which is total and utter crap!

uhhh....did you know for the last 10 year or more the FBI can listen in to your mobile while its switched OFF! explain that one? Nokia was forced to implement this system back in the late 90s or else it would be forced to cease production as it wouldnt comply with some laws!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G1fNjK9SXg[/ame]

terrorism is the brand they are using to pass any and every laws they want!

this document is claimed to come from a government thinktank,
i'v had it for months and have no idea if it's real.

still worth a read though.

the treason act clearly states btw.
treason in a time of war has a maximum penalty of death.
(hanging being the legal method at the time of the act's creation)

Mmm, issued in 2011. Sounds pretty authentic to me! :Laugh:

or for release in 2011 - even if it's fake it has a lot of valid stuff in it.

the reason i posted it is because it makes reference to forcing the id card to be used just to buy stuff:
and on tv yesterday they made a big thing about showing id to buy fags now - plus, ever heard of the "citizen card"?
it's a precursor to the id card for kids to get them used to it.

i dont believe in coincidences - they are just when government gets sloppy.

- plus, ever heard of the "citizen card"?
it's a precursor to the id card for kids to get them used to it.

i dont believe in coincidences - they are just when government gets sloppy.

I actually have a citizen card, its for proof of age - not nefarious govermental schemes.

I got mine so that I could take domestic flights without a passport, and as I dont have a drivers license, I can use it as ID at the bank to prove who I am.

Its actually a very useful thing to have, especially for students etc (I got mine when I was a student). You can read about it here: http://www.citizencard.com/ - dont worry, no one will try and subvert you if you visit that page.

As far as a precursor to the ID card goes, it would be pretty lame as it doesnt really hold any data on you apart from your name and DOB. You need a reference to prove your name as well as a copy of your birth certificate but thats it.

And retailers asking for ID now in the supermarket? Maybe thats to enforce the over 18 smoking law as well as to enforce the over 18 alcohol law. Which, by definition, are both good things.

I am going to go out on a limb and say that the govrnment doesnt care if I bought some onions on the way home last night - and didnt show my ID card in the process ;)

I actually have a citizen card, its for proof of age - not nefarious govermental schemes.

I got mine so that I could take domestic flights without a passport, and as I dont have a drivers license, I can use it as ID at the bank to prove who I am.

Its actually a very useful thing to have, especially for students etc (I got mine when I was a student). You can read about it here: http://www.citizencard.com/ - dont worry, no one will try and subvert you if you visit that page.

As far as a precursor to the ID card goes, it would be pretty lame as it doesnt really hold any data on you apart from your name and DOB. You need a reference to prove your name as well as a copy of your birth certificate but thats it.

And retailers asking for ID now in the supermarket? Maybe thats to enforce the over 18 smoking law as well as to enforce the over 18 alcohol law. Which, by definition, are both good things.

I am going to go out on a limb and say that the govrnment doesnt care if I bought some onions on the way home last night - and didnt show my ID card in the process ;)

the ID card is just the beginning mate! theres plan to merge it with your dirvers license, passport, bank card, saving account! your total identity on 1 card!

its purpose is to keep tabs on you at all times! that way they analyse your habbits, your routine and know everytihng about you! they take your interest and then find a way to brain wash you to there ideology!

a free thinking nation is a threat for any government as they would simply overthrow them if they stepped out of line! nowadays they brain wash us through the media with threats that are self inflicted! they make life harder for us to increasin taxs so we have to work harder longer hours just to pay the mortgage and bills! our level of education is shite compared to other countries!

the objective is to control every human one way or another, to brainwash everyone to think what the government wants you to think! so they can get away with it all, its down to power, money, greed, status and global domination!

a bit jumped out at me in that pdf.

Over time we will be able to
clamp down on nearly all criminal behaviour
and punish this electronically by levying
suitable fines, which will be automatically
deducted the next time the identity card is
used for any purpose. In conjunction with
automatic number plate recognition, CCTV,
and other technology, such as DNA profiling,
facial mapping, and voice pattern
recognition, we will increase our ability to
control
and guide the population to such an
extent that a police force in the traditional
manner will be less and less necessary.

you see the bit about imposing a fine next time you use the card aswell, what if you cant afford the fine? as it stands if your in the situation you can pay bits per week, i doubt this card will be as kind.

I actually have a citizen card, its for proof of age - not nefarious govermental schemes.)

wrong, what's nefarious about it is that it's to get you used to having to carry & produce a card.
obviously in your case it worked.

why the **** should you have to prove who you are to travel in your own damned country - will you accept needing it to buy a train ticket next?
maybe when you board a bus even?

where do you draw the line?
because i'll tell you now, YOU will have to draw the line - because they never will.

as far as i'm concerned, when someone asks me for a card i'll tell them to fuckoff - if they try to arrest me then that's it, all out war.
i have no problem whatsoever taking these types of people and putting them in a morgue.

how will they watch you on street camera's if someone dumped 5 gallons of unleaded into the monitoring center and added a box of matches!
or even took the place over to co-ordinate a counterstrike against government & police targets.

dont underestimate what "we the people" can do if we get angry enough with these monsters, we have the numbers.

Last edited:
I have said for years that the day will come when people will realize that the government is shafting them up the rear ! but reading this post i see its only a few people who have sussed it ? as you can see from the thanks ive given ! they are the people we need not the 1s who think its got to be ok because the government say so !! Also if you cannot remember the poll tax riots then you haven't really looked into how the government works properly as in my opinion this is part of our history and needs to be researched a bit before you can comment properly, not all of us have been brainwashed just yet " unlike most of the 16-20 year olds today who can only think about 'i pods and the best mobile phone to own' I am not accusing all the young people of this but most of them have suffered from a very sheltered and controlled environment while growing up in this country until now.

I think we need to make a stand AND QUICK otherwise we will all regret it very soon.:Devil:

what next, spy cams in our toilets to see what we shit out ???

i fail to recognise how this will stop terrorism, i mean, terrorism has been around with us since well before the telephone age,

for me its clear its not about terrorism. I work on the underground and lived the 7-7 bombings, straight after the bombing the police presence was second to none, but 1 month later you was and still are lucky to see a police officer on the system. If it was terrorism the so called govenment was trying to stop things like the tube would still be in undated with police. This is just to control us nothing less.
Well the land of the free is now non existant (usa) and now they are bringing or have brought the same rules here. I cant see what was wrong with the previous rules regarding phone records, they could obtain them though court order, this terrorism act will quash all of our freedoms eventually. Its not for our safety anymore.

ver are you going?
ver are your papers...?

you vill obey da Führer!

Zig Heil!

we have no fredom!
we are being watched!
we are being fed a pack of lies every day!
we are being controlled in ways you will never imagine!

it's time to stand up and relize, that we should not allow ourself's to be crammed into this rat maze, we should not submit do dehumanisation. I don't know about everyone else, but i'm conserned about whats happening in this world. I conserned with the structure, i'm conserned with the systems of control, and those who controll my LIFE, and those who wish to control it even more!!!, i want freedom THATS WHAT I WANT AND THATS WHAT YOU SHOULD WANT!!!!

Do you think your really free??

(And yes i can't spell. This is on perpose so they can't track my brain waves)

Last edited:
for me its clear its not about terrorism.

this terrorism act will quash all of our freedoms eventually. Its not for our safety anymore.

exactly mate becuase people are foolish enough to believe in they will keep playing the same record over and over again! its up to us to see through the bulls**t!

its good to know that we have people in this forum that can see through the crap are able to make a logicial decision based on real facts!

I have said for years that the day will come when people will realize that the government is shafting them up the rear ! but reading this post i see its only a few people who have sussed it ? as you can see from the thanks ive given ! they are the people we need not the 1s who think its got to be ok because the government say so !! Also if you cannot remember the poll tax riots then you haven't really looked into how the government works properly as in my opinion this is part of our history and needs to be researched a bit before you can comment properly, not all of us have been brainwashed just yet " unlike most of the 16-20 year olds today who can only think about 'i pods and the best mobile phone to own' I am not accusing all the young people of this but most of them have suffered from a very sheltered and controlled environment while growing up in this country until now.

I think we need to make a stand AND QUICK otherwise we will all regret it very soon.:Devil:

i was monitoring the poll-tax riots from about 1/2 mile away - very few people know the truth about that day,
or how close it came to being totally different.

the riot was started by about 300 agents in plain cloths i witnessed being coached-in with police armbands on - the idea was probably to discredit the protyesters & pass more anti-protesting laws.

thatcher was good at passing laws against protest.

as it happens, the public joined in with the "riot" started by the agents and it got totally out of hand! :)

this crap is a standard tactic btw, even today - people have filmed troublemakers at the peace-camp in parliament square and started identifying them.
one of them was the head of the anti-terrorism branch with a pair of shades on!

anyone seen V for VANDETTA, smells much like whats happening in the UK at the moment

Back