Google Nexus 7 (7", quad core, Android Jellybean, 16GB, sub £150!!!!!)

for those who have already ordered, have they debited the amount yet?
yes mate they took the money straight out of my bank even though it said wouldn't be charged till it dispatches!

yes mate they took the money straight out of my bank even though it said wouldn't be charged till it dispatches!

gee, that was nice of them :(

Think I'll wait until there is actual stock before buying then.

Hope modaco and the likes of, get one early to hack it to bits :)

im sure it wont take them long to get the baby opened up

XDA devleopers have confirmed that OTG works if you root the Nexus 7..meaing you can mount external storage on USB devices... shame MHL isnt working either... Google did this on purpose... allowing the mini USB to support keybaords and mice but disabled external USB flash deivces and didnt include an Micro SD slot so...

a) They can push people to storing all their data in the "cloud" instead of using USB storage.
b) So they can charge a premium for the 16Gig version...it;s 40 quid more than the 8gig version...since when does 8 gig storage cost 40 quid ??

I will probably end up buying one, will wait and see how it reviews first though on release... Still way better value that IPads...and much better spec.. quad core CPU vis dual core, 1 gig RAM vs 0.5Gig RAM, 12 Core GPU ...

Big-Hol I hope you can do a real person's review for everyone here when you get the little beastie. I read a review somewhere that the games are a bit iffy as they are just ported from phone's and not written for the Nexus 7 and if its $250 for the 16gb version in the USA then that comes out at £159 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! anyone going to the USA in July :)

I will once i receive it mate!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Big-Hol I hope you can do a real person's review for everyone here when you get the little beastie. I read a review somewhere that the games are a bit iffy as they are just ported from phone's and not written for the Nexus 7 and if its $250 for the 16gb version in the USA then that comes out at £159 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! anyone going to the USA in July :)

you generally don't get device specific games. Android games may have hardware specific drivers, e.g for quad core CPU or more likely video acceleration.

Good news is there are number of 10" Tegra3 devices running 1280x800 displays so there are some games already optimised for that configuration. There are plenty of games optimised for HD as well.

i also ordered mine from google play,no delivery date yet{mid july}, you also get £15 credit to use in the play store and a copy of transformers dark of the moon in your content.

dont know if you've been following the threads on xda but there going wild about this thing, dont get me wrong i want my device yesterday but there going on mad, speculating about when its gunna be shipped and card charges and stuff...

mines arrived today from google play ,downloaded spiderman game app for young lad with my free £15 google play, graphics and speed are great,very fast screen movemnent, seems a good piece of kit
can you not get iplayer, went to install adobe flash player, but not supported?

just got mine around an hour ago, all seems good so far, just got it on charge at the minute before i get stuck in... flash is not supported on it mate, but i have read theres workarounds to get it installed via dolphin browser!

couldnt install jr4 rom as it wanted to unzip from an sd card(nexus 7 not got external storage,), installed puffin browser with built in flash,streaming in fine.
i also downloaded kindle app but this only lets you read whats been purchased at amazon, tried calibre app but like most readers also seem to want external storage,anyone got any ideas

couldnt install jr4 rom as it wanted to unzip from an sd card(nexus 7 not got external storage,), installed puffin browser with built in flash,streaming in fine.
i also downloaded kindle app but this only lets you read whats been purchased at amazon, tried calibre app but like most readers also seem to want external storage,anyone got any ideas

?????, the zip fill should be installed via recovery, but you may have to unlock and root it 1st using the nexus root toolkit.

Anyway, jr5 is out now. I pick up my N7 from Tesco (bargain £179 16GB) tomorrow so I will let you know how to go about it

ok thanks ,il wait to see how you get on as im not sure how to do it ,explain it a bit easier for me:silly:

when it says sd card it just means the internal memory, as obviously the tablet doesnt have an sd card so it just means internal memory, androids funny way of doing it, but trust me it works as it should.. as for kindle app, connect upto pc and browse to kindle folder, open it, then just stick any ebook in that folder, mobi format is all iv tried as thats kindles own format, not sure if epub or pdf's work, but there is readers out there that will allow all 3 formats, personally i use dropbox and have all my ebooks in a folder then just download them straight to tablet from the cloud as i add more, means not having to sync tablet to pc or laptop just to transfer stuff over, no good for transferring films but for ebooks, wallpapers, apk's and so on, its sound!

Thanks, never used android ,just getting used to it. I have drop box so I will transfer some books and see if I can install jr5rom tomorrow,
No doubt I will be back for more advice

got my Nexus yesterday, played with in for 10mins very impressed :)

after the initial 10mins, ran 'nexus root toolkit 1.52', unlocked then rooted and installed ClockWorkManager.

Installed Modaco's JR5, now have flash and all the other goodies that come with it.

Used Google wallet to get my $10 free credit, think you can use this in McD's they have NFC capable tills.

Ordered a "LuvTab CARBON FIBRE BLACK Google Nexus 7 case" from Amazon (£12.99) gets good reviews and has the 'smart' case feature built in.

(still no'Tablet' subforum I asked for many moons ago in the Android section :( )

Guys ive just taken my psvita back for a refund after it decided to pack up on me after very little use. Ive been scouting the net and this thing seems to get rave reviews and even beats the apple ipad 3 on a few specs.

So what are the verdicts? are they good and were is the best place to purchase one?

Guys ive just taken my psvita back for a refund after it decided to pack up on me after very little use. Ive been scouting the net and this thing seems to get rave reviews and even beats the apple ipad 3 on a few specs.

So what are the verdicts? are they good and were is the best place to purchase one?

got mine 16gb from Tesco Direct, used a voucher and got £20 off so £179, collect from store :) have a look on hotdeals to see if any vouchers are still valid.

Back