Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mobile Phones Good to Know about, please have a look

chadda

VIP Member
VIP Member
FOUR THINGS YOU PROBABLY NEVER KNEW YOUR MOBILE PHONE
COULD DO

There are a few things that can be done in times of grave emergencies.
Your mobile phone can actually be a life saver or an emergency tool for survival.
Check out the things that you can do with it:

FIRST Emergency

The Emergency Number worldwide for Mobile is 112.If you find yourself out of the coverage area of your mobile; network and there is an emergency, dial 112
and the mobile will search any existing network to establish the emergency number for you, and interestingly
this number 112 can be dialled even if the keypad i s locked. Try it out.

SECOND Have you locked your keys in the car?

Does your car have remote keyless entry? This may come in handy someday.
Good reason to own a cell phone: If you lock your keys in the car and the spare
keys are at home, call somebody at home on their mobile phone from your cell phone.

Hold your cell phone about a foot from your car door and have the person at your home press the
unlock button, holding it near the mobile phone on their end. Your car will unlock.
Saves someone from having to drive your keys to you. Distance is no object. You could be hundreds of mile s away, and
if you can reach someone who has the other 'remote' for your car, you can unlock the doors (or the trunk).
Editor's Note: It works fine! We tried it out and it unlocked our car over a mobile phone!'

THIRD Hidden Battery Power

Imagine your mobile battery is very low. To activate, press the keys *3370# Your mobile will restart
with this reserve and the instrument will show a 50% increase in battery. This reserve will get charged when
you charge your mobile next time.

FOURTH How to disable a STOLEN mobile phone?

To check your Mobile phone's serial number, key in the following digits on your phone: * # 0 6 #

A 15 digit code will appear on the screen. This number is unique to your handset.
Write it down and keep it somewhere safe. When your phone get stolen, you can phone your service provider and
give them this code. They will then be able to block your handset so even if the thief changes the SIM card, your
phone will be totally useless. You probably won't get your phone back, but at least you know that whoev er stole it

can't use/sell it either. If everybody does this, there would be no point in people stealing mobile phones.

ATM- PIN Number Reversal - Good to Know

If you should ever be forced by a robber to withdraw money from an ATM machine, you can notify the police by entering
your PIN # in reverse. For example, if your pin number is 1234, then you would put in 4321. The ATM system recognizes that
your PIN number is backwards from the ATM card you placed in the machine. The machine will still give you the money you
requested, but unknown to the robber, the police will be immediately dispatched to the location. This information was recently
broadcast on CTV by Crime Stoppers however it is seldom used because people just don't know about it.
Please pass this along to everyone.

I'm gullible, I bought the whole story until the ATM part, my pin is 6666 so that could never work.

ATM- PIN Number Reversal - Good to Know

If you should ever be forced by a robber to withdraw money from an ATM machine, you can notify the police by entering
your PIN # in reverse. For example, if your pin number is 1234, then you would put in 4321. The ATM system recognizes that
your PIN number is backwards from the ATM card you placed in the machine. The machine will still give you the money you
requested, but unknown to the robber, the police will be immediately dispatched to the location. This information was recently
broadcast on CTV by Crime Stoppers however it is seldom used because people just don't know about it.
Please pass this along to everyone.

might try this when the misses asks me to take some money out the bank. lol theyll probs come for me though

i no the first two are true, not sure about the other two.

Too late munkster !!!!! I ran round to pauls house and snapped them up :)

I may allow you to play on my beanstalk if your nice ;)

Mostly b0II0x, but I couldn't be without mine when out & about.

If you're in an area of low/sporadic coverage, you can send a text to let people know where you are, It will keep trying to send the message until it succeeds.
If you have GPS on your mobile, then you can send the coordinates to your potential saviours.

I would think the "hidden battery" is bunkum, in the 8 years I worked for Motorola from the Sam 2.5 (brick) to the commemorative V.50 they gave us all when we were shown the door, I've never heard of, nor seen anything other than the bog standard power unit.

The 15 digit IMEI should be unique to your phone, but it can be changed (if you fancy an unlimited fine & up to 5 year jail sentence).
The phone can also be used unaltered abroad, as the blocked IMEI numbers aren't passed over to foreign agencies.

Finally, it's PIN, not PIN number FFS :Angryfire
b0II0x of course, but did you know that if bank staff open up the safe on the ATM (not ATM machine) with a certain number, then the safe will open, but will also alert the police.

Too late munkster !!!!! I ran round to pauls house and snapped them up :)

I may allow you to play on my beanstalk if your nice ;)

OMG Chris, you are coming out and offer a straight guy to play with your beanstalk.

I ain't anti gay m8, each to their own and congrats for coming out...:proud:

OMG Chris, you are coming out and offer a straight guy to play with your beanstalk.

I ain't anti gay m8, each to their own and congrats for coming out...:proud:

OMG I don't quite know what to say, I thought that these pills were for making your beanstalk bigger, not keeping it up longer. Sorry Paul count me out.

Well at least we're onto Rodder's. Little wonder when I needed help getting my sattelite up, he was quick to offer a hand. That little bit of miss-communication could have cost me dearly :(

Don't believe him jaffa, I believe this to be the true likeness of Rodder's

Jack%20and%20the%20Beanstalk-Christmas08panto@manoeltheatre.jpg

When lurking in the shadows of gentlemen's lavatories he goes by the name JoZette

Also check infra red keyfobs/remotes etc. Put mob on camera, point keyfob to remote and it should show up.

Back