good anivirus

fes_786

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi peeps need a good anti virus / anti malware prog

if u know of good 1's that are "free";) send me a pm

thanks

PM sent fella..
Malwarebytes should work ok, any problems pm me ok.

Last edited:
I understand you when you say 'free' *cough*, but try Comodo.

I know you can't help thinking of old ladies smelling of wee when you hear that name, but it is actually a very good firewall and antivir, and it is actually free !!

:)

Firewall and AntiVirus Free Software Download from Comodo

Yeh they also do that security suite as well, although if i remember right i got slated when i recommended it a few months back.lol

Avast is the best free one out there. If you want the Pro version, check the usual places, or drop me a PM....

I've been using avg pro for the last few days . I did use nod 32 before that but i got a nasty virus ( reader_s ) that made me have to reformat my pc and Nod never picked it up so i'm trying different ones at the moment . don't know how good it is yet though

When I used AVG and Avast, they always wanted attention. I hate antiviruses that need attention, it's not like their job should need any human interaction other than when a virus is found.

I therefore use Comodo internet security. It just sits there and never interrupts you, but does find viruses and so works. Perfect.

i think that norton internet security 2009 is the best one because it uses 3% of cpu performance on peek (scanning) its too fast and use low memory you can install trial version and solve all your problems

When I used AVG and Avast, they always wanted attention. I hate antiviruses that need attention, it's not like their job should need any human interaction other than when a virus is found.

I therefore use Comodo internet security. It just sits there and never interrupts you, but does find viruses and so works. Perfect.

AVG runs smooth on my system and i never have to do anything.
I tested that Comodo suite and i thought it was pop up city.
I was never a fan of Comodo tbh, although i see plenty of good reviews about them.
I always found their programs buggy and intrusive and they never seemed to uninstall properly.
I cant speak about their recent stuff but i never liked their older stufff.

There are few places I don't venture and I've found the 'really free' products as good if not better than the majority of the paid for stuff with few exceptions.

I've yet to have problems with AVG Free, AntiVir or NOD32.
If you want some commercial cover Kaspersky or Sophos would get my vote. Avoid the virus that is Norton like the plague imho.

I use to use avg but one night things starting going wrong, could't run .exe's and avg disapead, shut the pc down and went to bed, next morning I had a call from virgin security saying my pc had been sending out mass emails and If I didn,t sort it out they would disconnect me, been running nod32 since then with no problems.

comodo internet security

no selling no adverts no slowing down pc

firewall & antivirus

set the setting you like very easy to use

free for real

Back