Gone cold turkey

Dazza

Inactive User
Reaction score
Gave up the fags 4 days ago, completely cold turkey. Been alright most of the time, but since about 4ish today, feck have I been wanting one...! Argh!

Driving me nuts FFS! Chewing on a cocktail stick currently... Lol

:(

keep it going mate.
I did it about 10 yrs ago after smoking 20 a day for 25 years.
Just decided that I was fed up of smoking and did it.

Never thought about smoking again after a week

Good luck to ya mate i did it coming up 2 year ago, but not cold turkey feck that i could only just hack it with chewys lol. If you get a craving for one just think is there any point in it youve already gone 4 days and dont wanna spoil it

Good luck to ya mate i did it coming up 2 year ago, but not cold turkey feck that i could only just hack it with chewys lol. If you get a craving for one just think is there any point in it youve already gone 4 days and dont wanna spoil it

Yeah mate that's what's keeping me in there... It'd be a bit daft after 4 days to give in now, but feck they've been calling me this evening, deffo the worst day I've had.

Thanks guys.

Well done Keep it up m8, it does get easier the longer you go and the longer you go the more you wont want to let yourself down

over 20 years off them for me :)

lol won't be long before your moaning about all them nasty smelly smokers pmsl :banana:

well done m8.:Clap: gave up a few years ago cold turkey as well smoked for over 30 years. could not even walk to bus stop, now I'm out and about all over the place.

went cold Turkey 30th Sept 2009, first few day my brain kept saying "Go for a fag" every ten mins, it drove me nuts, then ten mins turned to Hours, then days, my main concern was when I had a drink, that I would give in, but appaently when I am drunk, I am the biggest anti-smoker ever !!! lol. It dont bother me anymore.

keep it going mate.
I did it about 10 yrs ago after smoking 20 a day for 25 years.
Just decided that I was fed up of smoking and did it.

Never thought about smoking again after a week

thats what i did coming up on 1 year this month. Just decided 1 day "i've had enough" and threw half a packet in the bin and stopped. Not even had a draw on a tab since. Was actually easier than i thought but there's a few occassions when i've wanted one but just thought of something else and it quickly went away.

You've got to be 100% you want to stop - that way, when u get that feeling you can ignore it. Keep it up!

Gave up the fags 4 days ago, completely cold turkey. Been alright most of the time, but since about 4ish today, feck have I been wanting one...! Argh!

Driving me nuts FFS! Chewing on a cocktail stick currently... Lol

:(

Good on ye Dazza, a can confirm they still taste feckin great.lol
Sorry mate a couldnt help maself, nahh thats brilliant, how many a day were you on?

Go get yourself a copy of "Allen Carr's" Easy Way to Stop Smoking. I got it from local whsmith for less than the price of 20 cigs. Haven't smoked since sept. Many failed attempts before but TBH it just doesn't even bother me now. If im with smokers it don't bother me either....to me that's the acid test lol. I can honestly say I get no "pangs".

Good on you Dazza, the wife gave up 4 weeks ago tomorrow and I asked her if she still craved a ciggie and she says no, if she'd thought it was this easy she'd have given them up years ago, hang in there mate. :Clap:

:Cheers:

Good on you m8 ive been off them for 12 years now and i did it cold turkey.
I smoked 25 a day for 20 odd years.

Good on ye Dazza, a can confirm they still taste feckin great.lol

I knew there'd be one coont who'd chip with that. Shudda known it be you though eh! :) Lol

I cut down to about 15-20 a day about 12 months ago or so, but couldn't bring myself to just stop them, basically because I still fecking enjoyed them. I've smoked non stop for the last 25 years.

But the last couple of months or so it'd been getting me down that I'd not gone the whole hog, and waking up to stale fag smoke was really getting on my tits. I'd never really smelled it before, but for some strange reason, these last few months it's all I've been smelling, and it was getting me down.

I'd been toying with the idea constantly for the last month or so, and just thought feck this, just sodding do it man!

I take painkillers every 4 hours or so, and always had a smoke afterwards to chill out while waiting for the meds to kick in, and it's them fags I'm really missing. Really missing! I'm just chewing on cocktail sticks like some old farmer ATM to over come the urge, but it's getting easier... (Yeah right! Lol)

The Missus is cutting down in sympathy, but she hasn't stopped yet. She gave up for 5 years while we were trying for the wee man, but she missed it badly for those whole five years, so I don't think she'll be joining me just yet!

Thanks everyone, the comments are appreciated! :proud:

Well done keep it up.

Done it myself 20 yrs ago. Its bloody hard but well worth it.

I done it slowly cutting down each day

1st day up to lunch time

2nd day up to tea time

3rd day most of evening

4th day None

Have no smoked for 20 years and feel much better for it.

Extremely hard in the beginning. Keep it up

keep it up, gave up 20 or so years ago finished the duty free's from a holiday and then stopped.

you will find you will have a much better sense of taste, it will take a while but it will come back. sounds daft but food tastes so much better....

Keep at it, if you beat it it will be a new life for you.

and you can change your sig to

Ban Cigs. They're shite.

I knew there'd be one coont who'd chip with that. Shudda known it be you though eh! :) Lol

I cut down to about 15-20 a day about 12 months ago or so, but couldn't bring myself to just stop them, basically because I still fecking enjoyed them. I've smoked non stop for the last 25 years.

But the last couple of months or so it'd been getting me down that I'd not gone the whole hog, and waking up to stale fag smoke was really getting on my tits. I'd never really smelled it before, but for some strange reason, these last few months it's all I've been smelling, and it was getting me down.

I'd been toying with the idea constantly for the last month or so, and just thought feck this, just sodding do it man!

I take painkillers every 4 hours or so, and always had a smoke afterwards to chill out while waiting for the meds to kick in, and it's them fags I'm really missing. Really missing! I'm just chewing on cocktail sticks like some old farmer ATM to over come the urge, but it's getting easier... (Yeah right! Lol)

The Missus is cutting down in sympathy, but she hasn't stopped yet. She gave up for 5 years while we were trying for the wee man, but she missed it badly for those whole five years, so I don't think she'll be joining me just yet!

Thanks everyone, the comments are appreciated! :proud:

Thats good Dazza, if its getting you down then go for it mate and a really hope you stick with it.
Its when you said 25yrs, a thought thats helluva long and then i realised im roughly the same with a 22yrld habit.
I did have a go a few years back but it was Vickys moaning that made me try and not because i wanted to so it all fell apart in 7days.lol
I was shocked at the craving and a felt like climbing the walls but am kinda weak willed that way as my brother chucked them with no problems.
Good luck anyway mate...:proud:

Back