gold scart cable. Is it worth it.

johnbhoy

Inactive User
Reaction score
Recently bought a new 37" lcd tv. the £500 jobbie from woolies. Finding the picture a little blocky on quick movements. I am using the scart cable that comes with your normal subbed box. Noticed this one only has silver connectors. I was in currys today and I see a gold connector scart lead reduced from £34.99 to £22.49. Thinking, is it worth it ??? Would have thought the quality of the scart on the normal subbed boxes would have been fairly decent. Anyone tried changing their scart lead and noticed worthwhile improvement with the picture from the dbox.

Finding the picture a little blocky on quick movements.

This is quite common on LCD tvs when watching sport etc so its doubtful a gold scart would help this symptom. However i bought a QED scart to connect my DVD player to my Panasonic Plasma and there is quite a difference over a cheap scart lead.

quality scart do amke a big difference. with my panasonic plasma i have to get ixos scart to get a better picture quality, the cheap ones was not good.

For a cheap gold plated scart try here:

h**p://www.mediaatlantic.com/product.php/66349/0/

£3.87 for a 3m Belkin, used them before and delivery was quick.

Paid 20 quid for a gold scart for me 32 inc lcd dident make a blind bit of differance. Ibeleive the d box output to be average as to the dreambox 500c which is supposed to be A1 Ihave tried scart to component , Scart to svd allto no avail Hope you have better luck cheers Paul

this is weird as i have heard so many different people with different storys to tell about scart leads lol

"the cheap ones are fine" "the gold ones are better"

best bet is try a cheap one first then go a step further when i mean a cheap one like wilkinsons they have gold plated ones for about £5 i think or there abouts i have heard these work fine too

cheers

Also try playing with the picture and output settings in the settings menu on the
TV itself.
Remember what you had them set to previously of coarse lol.
asda do a gold scart for about a fiver.

I bought £40 gold scarts and the picture was crap kept getting what looked like snow.
Got a 99p (1 metre) one from the local 99p shop and the picture is solid
42" LCD

I think the weight was making the connection iffy on the £40 one.

i dont think its the scart it would be the tv you did say you only payed £500 for a 37" thats cheap and i would expect the quality to be cheap aswell.

i use a £1 scart on my phillips 37" lcd and i get perfect pic.
and i have tried a £30 goldscart and there wasno difrence

Errr good show.. heh heh... now completey none the wiser.

Will see if i can maybe borrow one from someone first and see whats what.

Dont get me wrong the picture is pretty good on my cheapo lcd. I was also checking out the difference on the other lcds in the shop and i did not really notice any great difference when they were playing either a dvd via normal scart. the image does look somewaht digitised on even the more expensive units.

Can be a bit misleading on some of the units when they show the high def footage of the fish swimming about in the water and not a normal tv signal even cable signal.

The best thing was they had a tv where you can try and change the channel from dvd playing with cheap scart and then dvd playing with high quality belkin cable.
the cheap scart was black and white in picture as if it had a loose connection. think they had maybe sabotaged it to make it look ten times worse... outrageous sales techniques. ha ha

A result of sorst

Went out and got the gold scart cable at £22.49 for a belkin one. was reduced from £35. Plugged it in and i do think it has made a difference.

What i think made more of a difference though was that i took one of the splitters off cable feed as i dont feed it through to the other room anymore. So now its only one cable box.

The picture is defintely more along the kind of quality i was expecting. still not perfect but damn sight better.Still shots looking pretty good actually. Not half as much ghosting,only blacks seem to cause a draggin effect and the fuzzy digitising that takes place seems to have lessened quite a bit.

I wish I had seen this earlier, as you ahold have bought a QED lead!

These get 5 stars in what-hifi!

I have a QED Scart and HDMI lead

Back