gold cards rise from the ashes

can u post up the actual link tryed to find what your on about byt can't seem to spot it !

its a nap they will use a different encryption {2 ex sky bosses run this company, dont think they would be so stupid as to use a hacked encryption}

I cant understand why you need to recieve channel 5 or have I mis-read it? Digital comes from a completly different transmitting antenna.

Don't really know anything about these things, but my Elvis is still on the shelf doing nothing. Presumably then they can make cards which will work in the old ITV Digital boxes which cannot presently be hacked. If that's the case, then is it just a matter of time, or will the encryption be so strong that it won't be hacked?

if these guys are ex sly they know how easy it\/ dig was to hack so they will obviously using all their resources to avoid another it\/ debacle.
alf

If they can encrypt cards that are read by old on-digital boxes but can't be hacked why didn't they produce these un-hackable cards for IT\/ Digital?

breeze said:
If they can encrypt cards that are read by old on-digital boxes but can't be hacked why didn't they produce these un-hackable cards for IT\/ Digital?

because it would have cost itv digital a lot of money to change to a new encryption,plus new cards for all the subscribers.

the encryption was already hacked in france when itv didgy bought into it {the isreali lab affair brought us all the cards secrets}

ive never heard of a un-hackable card m8,"they all get hacked in the end",its the encryption thats the problem {sly changed there cards recently because people could read and write to the old 1's}

top up tv

well im keeping my fingers crossed and even dug me elvis out and dusted him off

First i apologise for my long post:) but i just wanted to say my pennies worth.

@breeze, in answer to your question, IT\/ did place an order for seca2 cards and were about to change encryption. We would have all lost freetv. But the finance probs caused them to shut down.

Now with regards cards, they are encrypted using software security, but now also hardware security, such as $ky. At the moment you can say no card is unhackable, but in reality it may take, for example, 70 years to brute force an 8byte master key (such as $ky), so i guess you can still use the word unhackable.

Now the good news is that seca2 encryption/cards do not use hardware security and only software, so one day it will be hacked, and i am sure this isn't too far away. They way it is hacked is either inside info, or software failures within the card software that allow a short-cut and a 'hack' of the system. Or sometimes the box hardware itself has a software problem that can create a hack. $ly is very different because of the hardware protection and the new v2 cards are VERY protected, against all known technology.

Now this is my reason for post. I have some really good news for you...
Topuptv is going to use seca1 !!!!!!!!!!!! At least to start with. There is apparently a legal problem with using seca2. It will most likely change to seca2 at a later date, but the first subscriptions are going to be seca1. Now it may be a while for the public hacks to appear, but maybe people here can help? Anyone have a logger? Anyone going to officially subscribe?

I dont want to get everyones hopes up, and i'm not one for rumour posting, and i certainly dont want people to buy new equipment on the hope of this.

But if you think you can help speed things up, please let us know how.

L :)

Well, yesterday I dug out Elvis from underneath the rats nest of wires behind my desk, and downloaded the latest software in preparation ;)

Last time I used it was with Win95, so I wasn't sure how things would go with this XP laptop. I needn't have worried though. Had a fiddle around with an old goldie and a MOSC - no problems :)

[Yes My elvis is in a 3.5" floppy disc box - quite obvious though now everything ic CD/DVD :Jester:

Found Gazers site ius still up so shall have a practice...

Great - now let's pull together

Sounds great. I for one would be willing to contribute to a fighting fund (for educational purposes only, of course) :Cheers: . I hate having to sit back (through lack of talent) and let someone do all the hard brain work without support. Any thoughts?

Back