Gift

Exactly..As soon as you connect to the internet the gift,service+ will activate.May last longer than 12 months,some have allready.

So what happens when the gift stops?Are u offered another 'contract' or ya have 2 buy a new box?

Please don't worry about the gift as during the 12 months and doing just a little reading you will find just what these receivers are capable of. After the 12 months you will have the knowledge to seek other ways to continue your viewing.
Believe me it's a piece of cake.

when you know what you are doing it is, if not a great deal of swearing ensues!. regards mdt

Sorry mate but I can get one from the box, patch, install channel list and softkey and be watching TV in five minutes. Honestly they are quite straight forward and there are plenty of guides available.
If anyone is really stuck then they can PM me and I'll sort it out with one phone call.
I find these the easiest receivers ever to get running far easier than my old Nannoxx 9600.

Sorry mate but I can get one from the box, patch, install channel list and softkey and be watching TV in five minutes. Honestly they are quite straight forward and there are plenty of guides available.
If anyone is really stuck then they can PM me and I'll sort it out with one phone call.
I find these the easiest receivers ever to get running far easier than my old Nannoxx 9600.

if ya that good laa i may call upon you if i get in trouble got a new 9000 hd coming on friday

brin

if ya that good laa i may call upon you if i get in trouble got a new 9000 hd coming on friday

brin

I just helped a young Turkish chap on another forum, he's over the moon with his new toy.
If your motor is setup correctly and it can use USALS , NO PROBLEM!! Pm me if your stuck.

i was refering to linux boxs when i made that statement jimi! i agree that the spiderbox is one of the easyist boxs to set up although the nanoxx9600ip once its been flashed via null-cable the first time is au after that as you know. regards mdt

i was refering to linux boxs when i made that statement jimi! i agree that the spiderbox is one of the easyist boxs to set up although the nanoxx9600ip once its been flashed via null-cable the first time is au after that as you know. regards mdt

Sorry I must have misread your post, Oh yes Linux receivers what a pain when you first get one, to be honest mine is back in it's box and downstairs in the garage and will stay they until the hospital says my blood pressure is down enough to safely try again.

The Spiderbox and other receivers like the Nanoxx/Maxx/Protek (these are NOT the same as a Spiderbox) are a different story altogether, really easy to setup and the Spiderbox in particular is simple to add a line to.

i am thinking of getting one of these boxes but i was a bit worried on the set up of them. i hope they are as easy as you say. the reason i said that is because i did have a venture into the d-box's but i could never get it working properly and since then i have shyed away from things like that, but if these are easy then i might try and get one up and running.
i gave my d-box away as like you said it wasnt any good for the old blood pressure, i got so infuriated with it.
now i found this forum again after i had a comp problem and totally forgot about this site, i will be looking very hard into these sipderbox's because its really what im after, and i got to say that most of this stuff goes right over my head most of the time, i did manage to flash the dbox and get a few channels but that was about it so m looking forward to this box plus a motorised dish.

hell im glad i found this site again.
sorry for repeating meself.

When you get it just PM me and I will send you three files, then phone me and I'll talk you through it, if it takes longer than 10* minutes I'll eat my TV.

*I am assuming your motor is USALS compatible, if it's DiseqC only then it will take a little longer, I am NOT exaggerating when I say I can do it in five minutes but explaining it to some one else will take a little longer.
If your in Yorkshire bring it to me and I'll do it for you.

Last edited:
cheers for the reply jimi,
i have a fixed setup at the mo as ive just got sly hd, but i will be going into the motorised and hopefully it should be upto the job as the spiderbox is what i was recomened by a installer so hopefully it will be upto it.
i wass very interested in finding out what the gift was to begin with but from what i can gather ( which in my case isnt alot lol) its just what im looking for.
i just have to save the old pennys for a month or so now as it will cost around the £300 mark i think with the box and installation at a rough guess.

the offer of taking it to youyrself is very much appreciated too thanks but ive only just put my location in now and its a little bit to far,
but thanks ever so much anyway.

i got myself a tv with freesat built in and i have scanned other sats and it has brought up all slys channels and there was me thinking that i could of got a cam or somthing like that to put into the tv to unscramble the channels, but i think that it is just hoping really as i dont know but i dont think i can do that. thats how new im to all this, i just dont know alot about it, like i said now i got all the sly channels on the tv with its freesat i thought there might be a way to unscamble it.
p.s. to the mods, i hope that i have not said anything i wasnt suppose to on this post, if so please correct it if i have.

pps. sorry to the op for hijacking your thread, i didnt mean to.

Last edited:
cheers for the reply jimi,
i have a fixed setup at the mo as ive just got sly hd, but i will be going into the motorised and hopefully it should be upto the job as the spiderbox is what i was recomened by a installer so hopefully it will be upto it.
i wass very interested in finding out what the gift was to begin with but from what i can gather ( which in my case isnt alot lol) its just what im looking for.
i just have to save the old pennys for a month or so now as it will cost around the £300 mark i think with the box and installation at a rough guess.

the offer of taking it to youyrself is very much appreciated too thanks but ive only just put my location in now and its a little bit to far,
but thanks ever so much anyway.

i got myself a tv with freesat built in and i have scanned other sats and it has brought up all slys channels and there was me thinking that i could of got a cam or somthing like that to put into the tv to unscramble the channels, but i think that it is just hoping really as i dont know but i dont think i can do that. thats how new im to all this, i just dont know alot about it, like i said now i got all the sly channels on the tv with its freesat i thought there might be a way to unscamble it.
p.s. to the mods, i hope that i have not said anything i wasnt suppose to on this post, if so please correct it if i have.

pps. sorry to the op for hijacking your thread, i didnt mean to.

Just thinking you could spread the cost using your existing dish using the "other features" of the Spiderbox.
You could even reposition your small black dish and LNB to 19.2 or 13E both satellites have a good signal in the UK and I've done this for friends.
It's quite simple to do.

thanks for that jimi,
i will do that when i saved up for the box which hopefully wont be to long, then i will be asking for help again thanks.
all the best
steve :thumbsup:

thanks for that jimi,
i will do that when i saved up for the box which hopefully wont be to long, then i will be asking for help again thanks.
all the best
steve :thumbsup:

Any time, and once you have setup your Spiderbox you will wonder why you EVER thought it might be difficult. Don't be fooled by anyone who says it's difficult it's not, it's simply overcoming the quite natural anxiety we all get when facing a new subject. :drink::drink:

Back