Gift Vouchers

Falkirk_Bairn

Inactive User
Reaction score
Why? Whats the point?

Buy someone a £30 gift voucher that they can spend in WHSmith or give them £30 that they can spend anywhere and on whatever thay wan't, WHATS THE POINT!

It annoys me so much and also when people do those schemes and out away £10 a week and at the end get a couple of hundred quid in high street vouchers. Why dont they open a bank account, put £10 in that a week and get some interest aswell as cash to spend anywhere once you have saved :mad:

Rant over...

and you cant get change :( you have to have a gift voucher back for any change more than a quid

now if off licenses did them thatd be different :Cheers:

digidude said:
now if off licenses did them thatd be different :Cheers:

I think you can use high street vouchers at Victoria Wine. You could also go into Marks and Spencer and spend them on booze there.

If I buy someone vouchers for a shop, it's because I don't know what to get them and if I give them money, how do I know they're not going to spend it on shit, like fags or shopping or petrol! This way they have to go to the shop and buy themselves something nice.

theyre pointless, people just do it so the youngsters don't buy drugs n alchocl

taxi79 said:
theyre pointless, people just do it so the youngsters don't buy drugs n alchocl

If that's the case then what's pointless about it? The vouchers have done their job!

Good way for the grandparents to try and ensure that their offsprings' offspring get something they may actually want or need - as opposed to a load of socks or what they consider a 'trendy' shirt etc... ;)

I guess it makes it look like some1 has put the effort in.......but they are pointless!

I think its a good way of restricting what you spend gift money on... I would rather have WHSmith vouchers and buy something like a rediculously overpriced DVD from them instead of getting a boring book I would never read...

We won £3500 worth of Argos vouchers a few months ago, I loved it... Made a new gym, bought lots of stuff and it was all my own choice instead of being lumbered with something I dont want or need...

I think its only worthwhile though if they are for somewhere you can buy a large variety of products like argos... e.g £5 vouchers for Comet, that would be a waste of money what are u supposed to buy for that... Or PC World, not that I would ever shop there but what could you buy for a fiver, some paper???

I wouldnt personally use them as presents myself though, always seems cheap no matter what amount you give, I would rather shop around find a cheap bargain that looks expensive and buy that :D

Last edited:
Back