Getting Enigma 2 onto USB

Mark_The_Yid

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I have just got a cuberevo miniHD and want to get it set up to boot from USB using an enigma 2 image.

So far I have managed to get the box flashed with a sifteam image and have managed to instal the multiboot config. If I hold down the remote numbers when booting it says on display multiboot so I am defo OK up till this point.

I am now struggling badly though with getting the USB sorted. I have found this thread

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/203386/

What is kcc?
What is putty?
What are the bootargs?

Really need some help here please guys

Last edited by a moderator:
I now have found putty and kcc. All I need now is some sort of idea what to do with them lol. Can anyone help pleeeeeeease?:emotions1

I now have found putty and kcc. All I need now is some sort of idea what to do with them lol. Can anyone help pleeeeeeease?:emotions1

Hi mate I used this. Setup your ip address, then go through each tab one by one. Worked for me

Boot your box normally first then connect

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/posts/1678066/

Link would help :)

Then use the multi config to select boot from usb. You can do this with a esata hard disk as well.

I found some usb sticks just wouldn't boot, most were fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for that Daz. Looks very straight forward.

Trouble I'm having though is that there are no devices listed in the drop down list under the format tab. Am I doing something wrong? USB is inserted and the receiver detects it.

I am connected via ethernet cable. Is this correct?

Got it loaded now. Used this from another forum. Credit and thanks goes to poster dingbat on there

There are plenty of procedures out there for installing Enigma 2 on your AB IPBox 9xxx HD. Here is how I do it. I find this method pretty straight forward.

This guide is specific to the IPBox 9000 HD (and its equivalents). I don't own any of the other variants so cant test, but the process should be the same with possibly different paths.

You'll need to set your box up so that you can choose to boot from either flash, USB Drive, HDD .......
To do that install Multiboot (Attached below). Its a normal USB upgrade, see your manual for instructions on how to install USB upgrades, or read Cuberevo Series Multibooting Config file

I had problems installing it via a USB pen drive, installing via Flash Tools worked.
Multiboot AB IPBox 9xxx

Once multiboot has been installed installed you can continue to install Enigma2 on USB Drive. I'll be assuming that you have a DG Station based image in flash.

Download the Enigma2 image you want to install. It should be called something along the lines of imagename-version.tar.gz.

Boot to your DGS based image and start a telnet session with it.

################################################## #####

1: Insert your USB drive and format it as follows in your telnet session. Execute the commands one at a time.

Code: Check this link
umount /dev/sdb1
mkfs.ext2 /dev/sdb1
mount /dev/sdb1 /mnt/usb/usb0
2: Use your favourite FTP program to tansfer the downloaded image file to your usb drive, which should be mounted at /mnt/usb/usb0 at this stage.

3: Extract the image to the pen drive.....

cd /mnt/usb/usb0
tar xzvf imagename-version.tar.gz
When this completes, you should be able to reboot and boot into Enigma2 by pressing and holding the corresponding button on your remote while the LCD display reads 'Booting'. (In my case with a HDD fitted, this would be number 2).

################################################## #####

It will take quite a while for Enigma to boot on the first fun, so don't pull the plug too soon.

If you have a PC running Linux, the above process can be carried out on the PC. Its much quicker this way because extraction on the AB IPbox takes quite a while.
Multiboot startup options......
if you want multiboot function, download attached usb_config.img.
Then press number button which you want on RCU when start up from shutdown.
Multiboot function supports as below style.

# 1 boot with CDKroot(NFS)
# 2 boot from USB memory stick, with internal HDD
# 3 original images as current flash memory
# 4 boot with NFS
# 5 boot from USB memory stick, but without internal HDD
# 6 boot from internal SATA HDD
# 7 boot from flash memory for another image

Default value : no.3

I'm now having bother with incubus camd. I have installed version 0.99 and have got nothing in the .conf file except

card_server_url_0=cccam://user1@[email protected]:15000

I have a sifteam image in flash but am using an E2 PKT image from USB. I have the incubus.conf file in var/keys. It will not connect. Have I done anything wrong?

what would be the equivalent line in incubus cam as this cccam c line?

C: 192.168.2.98 15000 user pass yes

background_execution=0
debug_level=2
log_to_console=0
log_to_file=0
logfile_name=/hdd/incubusCamd.log
#softcamfile_name=/var/keys/SoftCam.Key
#priofile_name=/var/keys/incubusCamd.prio
on_screen_messages_show=1
on_screen_messages_username=root
on_screen_messages_password=ipbox
on_screen_messages_key_update=0
on_screen_messages_wait_for_key_update=0
on_screen_messages_ecm=0
on_screen_messages_emm=0
console_logs_broadcast=0
console_logs_broadcast_port=666
webif=0
webif_port=668
cs_protocol_order=cccam
process_emms_on_cs_mode=1
[Prov:000000:CaID:0000]
check_priority=cs
process_emm_g=1
process_emm_s=1
process_emm_u=1
seca3_handler=0
card_server_url_0=cccam://user:p[email protected]:15000
card_server_url_1=cccam://user:p[email protected]:15001

[Servers]
check_priority=cs
card_server_url=cccam://user:p[email protected]:15000
card_server_url=cccam://user:p[email protected]:15001

You got it working yet? You can always drop the box off to me and allow me access to your share to get it working

Back