Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

get the heavy rain demo NOW

mine should be here tmoro too,havent played the demo

didnt rate uncharted 2,it felt too stiff and scripted to me

Wow, God's honor you're the first person, xbots included, that I've heard say they didn't like Uncharted2. To tell you the truth as good as Uncharted 2 is I have to say multiplayer aside that I honestly preferred the first one for some reason - probably the color scheme, freshness factor and the fact that the shootouts were harder....but regarding stiff and scripted, it's a fair point to make though I think that is the entire point of Uncharted games it's constantly leading you forward and is laden with set pieces especially Uncharted 2 - for an action/platformer game it definitely has that blockbuster movie feel to it.

Heavy Rain has it too, but in a much different context. Speaking of Heavy Rain I have a funny feeling based on the demo I played and all that I've seen and heard that barring a total catastrophe in the full game that this'll likely be my personal game of the year for 2010 and not God Of War 3 - and speaking of GOW3 I've played the demo and it's the same old GOW, somewhat expectedly, it's graphically stunning and sick as fook granted but it's still a hack n slash, and hence for me slightly repetitive. I'll probably rent that one and promptly get stuck at a boss fight as I do in all GOW games lol.

Final point on Heavy Rain, interesting that most critics love the game and some absolutely hate it (or just don't get it) and yet the people at home who've played the game all seem to love it. Usually it's the other way around lol.

Last edited:
I'm a few hours in, let me put it to you this way I haven't stopped playing it until just now to have my tea and at this rate I'll have it completed by tomorrow afternoon if not sooner.

I can see why it's a marmite game, but I love it. It's also not necessarily anything new and totally groundbreaking (yet another case of false labels from the gaming journos, the other being the Yakuza3 to GTA comparison when Yakuza3 is basically a carbon copy of Shenmue if anything) but Heavy Rain is more like something that doesn't come around very often and is about as far away from the frantic FPS norm as you can possibly get. This game is for all intents and purposes exactly the same type of game as their previous game Fahrenheit but with Shenmue style controls (R2 to move). The game is undoubtedly something a little bit different, and it's brilliant all the same as well so far.

Last edited:
Back